Kawa leading.....again.

Old August 2nd 18, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Kawa leading.....again.

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 11:19:02 PM UTC-4, Ramy wrote:
Exactly, less mistakes. We all make many small (and sometime big) mistakes pretty much every flight when racing or flying XC. As small as turning the wrong direction, or making unnecessary turns, or taking slightly less than optimal line. The one who makes the less mistakes fly the farthest/fastest. Do it consistently and you can always win. How does he do it? Six sense maybe? Or he figured something none of us did yet?

Ramy

Also a very high level of confidence that comes with true mastery. He is not afraid to press out when others are.
UH
Old August 2nd 18, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Kellett

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 10:10:16 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Less mistakes.....

FEWER mistakes, not less. (Grammar Nazi in off-topic rant again . . https://www.grammar.com/Fewer-vs-Less)
Old August 2nd 18, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

Does he have striking eyes like Manfred Ruhmer or Sarah Arnold? Perhaps they can all see things we cannot.
Old August 2nd 18, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Interesting that he chose the 20m class in which to compete. He must have his choice of classes, together with offers of loan gliders for each. After all his successes with the Diana 2 and his promotion of the GP15 I would have expected him to be in the Diana 3 for this comp and the GP15 for the 15's. He cannot have thought either was going to be a winning glider, or at least not yet. Is his 32 an Mi? If so it will be very heavy for any weak days.. As an Arcus owner I was sad to see him in a 32 because I would prefer an Arcus to win and the odds were always on Kawa for Champion!
Old August 2nd 18, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

=
all his successes with the Diana 2 and his promotion of the GP15 I would
ha=
ve expected him to be in the Diana 3 for this comp and the GP15 for the
15'=
s. He cannot have thought either was going to be a winning glider, or at
le=
ast not yet. Is his 32 an Mi? If so it will be very heavy for any weak
days=
.. As an Arcus owner I was sad to see him in a 32 because I would prefer

an
=
Arcus to win and the odds were always on Kawa for Champion!

GP15 wasn't up to snuff so changed last minute and flew the Polish teams
old 29 and won the 15m's in that. Diana 3/KKB18KE is flown by Lukasz
Wojcik - another good Polish pilot-but seems to have some 'technical'
issues
over last few days. I think Kawa has stated he prefers 2 seater flying
these
days.

Old August 2nd 18, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Kawa flew an Arcus in Russia. He gave a talk at our club about that exciting trip. I wonder how he comes to be in a 32 this time.
Old August 2nd 18, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

At 14:58 02 August 2018, waremark wrote:
Kawa flew an Arcus in Russia. He gave a talk at our club about that
exciting trip. I wonder how he comes to be in a 32 this time.

He won the 2017 Two seat Europeans in the same ASG -32 previously.

Old August 2nd 18, 08:28 PM
Klinkenberg Klinkenberg is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter F[_2_] View Post
No-one else can afford to fly so many comps at WGC level?

At 05:05 02 August 2018, wrote:
A modern version of Moffat's "Low-Loss Flying". Great read.

http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~cline/...g/Low_loss.pdf [PDF]

David
He is simply the best!
Old August 2nd 18, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RobKol

On Thursday, 2 August 2018 07:58:33 UTC-7, waremark wrote:
Kawa flew an Arcus in Russia. He gave a talk at our club about that exciting trip. I wonder how he comes to be in a 32 this time.

Mr. Matkowski, the other ASG-32 "MD" crew member is Schleicher dealer. The choice is obvious.
Old August 3rd 18, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BruceGreeff

On 2018/08/02 22:20, RobKol wrote:
On Thursday, 2 August 2018 07:58:33 UTC-7, waremark wrote:
Kawa flew an Arcus in Russia. He gave a talk at our club about that exciting trip. I wonder how he comes to be in a 32 this time.

Mr. Matkowski, the other ASG-32 "MD" crew member is Schleicher dealer. The choice is obvious.

And I think it supports my thesis that the pilot makes the difference.
The top manufacturers attract the top pilots, but the gliders are so
close in performance overall - I doubt equipment is the decisive factor
in most recent contests.
Dr Kawa will be hard to beat in anything remotely competitive...

Kawa to the lead... [email protected] Soaring 3 July 21st 18 06:46 PM
Kawa wins. [email protected] Soaring 4 January 21st 18 12:49 PM
Kawa..... [email protected] Soaring 34 August 11th 14 07:43 PM
Kawa [email protected] Soaring 3 December 2nd 13 07:26 PM
S Kawa's 15 min interview for Polish TV RRK Soaring 0 November 9th 08 01:55 AM