Cloud popping video

Old September 10th 04, 02:57 PM
Andrew Sarangan

Default Cloud popping video

On the last IFR flight while skimming the tops of clouds, I tried recording
it as an AVI on my digital camera. It came out pretty neat. I didn't
realize you could record decent quality videos on a digicam. Check out the
link below. It is 12MB large.

http://131.238.38.204/~sarangan/CANON084.htm

Old September 10th 04, 03:34 PM
Peter MacPherson

Pretty cool....the quality was pretty good. What camera were you using?
I have a Canon S1 IS with the movie mode.

Pete

. 158...

Old September 10th 04, 04:30 PM
john smith

Cool!!!
It is interesting watching how the prop governor works.

Old September 10th 04, 07:35 PM
Robert M. Gary

Andrew Sarangan wrote in message .158...
On the last IFR flight while skimming the tops of clouds, I tried recording
it as an AVI on my digital camera. It came out pretty neat. I didn't
realize you could record decent quality videos on a digicam. Check out the
link below. It is 12MB large.

http://131.238.38.204/~sarangan/CANON084.htm

I'm impressed. That's pretty good camera work for a guy flying at the same time.
Old September 10th 04, 10:08 PM
Andrew Sarangan

(Robert M. Gary) wrote in
om:

Andrew Sarangan wrote in message
.158...
On the last IFR flight while skimming the tops of clouds, I tried
recording it as an AVI on my digital camera. It came out pretty neat.
I didn't realize you could record decent quality videos on a digicam.
Check out the link below. It is 12MB large.

http://131.238.38.204/~sarangan/CANON084.htm

I'm impressed. That's pretty good camera work for a guy flying at the
same time.

Well, not much of a camera work was involved. I just turned it on, and held
it against the dash.

The camera was Canon Powershot A70 (3.2MPix)
Old September 11th 04, 01:44 AM
Dave Jacobowitz

I love how you can see the prop "turning" one way than the other. I
guess that the prop was very close to going an exact multiple of 60
Hz. So, could have been 2400 rpm, 2460 rpm, 2520....

-- dave j

Old September 11th 04, 08:21 AM
Shkumbin Hamiti

Thanks for the video. I would like to try the same, but with no IR it will
be barely legal ;-)
Just makes my will stronger for IR, but here where I fly, will is not
enough, those schools wants some money too.

Regards,
Shkumbin, EFHF
PPL(A)-SEP

Old September 11th 04, 12:43 PM
Jon Kraus

Pretty cool movie. I have a Canon G2 that does the same thing. I like
that feature. I hope you were IFR. :-)

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
Student Mooney purchaser

Old September 11th 04, 12:45 PM
Jon Kraus

With no IR it would NOT be legal. No barely about it. :-)

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
Student Mooney purchaser