X-wing

Old October 9th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

Default X-wing FLYS.....and falls.

Morgans wrote:
"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
.. .
Dunno. It looks like the force was with them, but they weren't quiet
ready for the Force.

It is obvious that there was some kind of force with them, but it
sure was not a "rocket friendly" force! g

I thought that perhaps one engine ignited about 3/4th of a second
late, (visible on one the first few frames after takeoff) and also
thought that it was perhaps not aerodynamically stable. Maybe some
lead in the nose, or a little larger fins?

If you remember from the original web site about the build they made the
wings able to move into the "attack" position. If you look at the video it
seems to start coming apart when the wings start to move. It's hard to tell
if the wings started to move because it was coming apart or the other way
around.

Old October 9th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve Hix

In article ,
Darrel Toepfer wrote:

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrote:

Let's just say the force wasn't with them.

Here's the video.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/boom/x+wi...sintegrates-mi
d+air-307945.php

Just needs more glue...

They didn't use enough duct tape.
Old October 9th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
OldPhart

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
| Morgans wrote:
| "Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
| .. .
| Dunno. It looks like the force was with them, but they weren't
quiet
| ready for the Force.
|
| It is obvious that there was some kind of force with them, but it
| sure was not a "rocket friendly" force! g
|
| I thought that perhaps one engine ignited about 3/4th of a second
| late, (visible on one the first few frames after takeoff) and also
| thought that it was perhaps not aerodynamically stable. Maybe some
| lead in the nose, or a little larger fins?
|
| If you remember from the original web site about the build they made
the
| wings able to move into the "attack" position. If you look at the
video it
| seems to start coming apart when the wings start to move. It's hard to
tell
| if the wings started to move because it was coming apart or the other
way
| around.

I bet Dan Rather knows exactly what happened. ;-}

--
Anyolmouse

Old October 10th 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Robert Barker

"OldPhart" wrote in message
| If you remember from the original web site about the build they made
the
| wings able to move into the "attack" position. If you look at the
video it
| seems to start coming apart when the wings start to move. It's hard to
tell
| if the wings started to move because it was coming apart or the other
way
| around.

I bet Dan Rather knows exactly what happened. ;-}

And Fox Noise will claim it's the fault of the Democrats or that it's
actually video of one of Saddam's WMDs that can fly from Iraq to the US!!!

Old October 10th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell

"Robert Barker" wrote in message
"OldPhart" wrote in message
| If you remember from the original web site about the build they made
the
| wings able to move into the "attack" position. If you look at the
video it
| seems to start coming apart when the wings start to move. It's hard to
tell
| if the wings started to move because it was coming apart or the other
way
| around.

I bet Dan Rather knows exactly what happened. ;-}

And Fox Noise will claim it's the fault of the Democrats or that it's
actually video of one of Saddam's WMDs that can fly from Iraq to the US!!!

I don't know.... kind of looked to me like it might have been shot down....
I suspect floul play.

If you look real close just before the wing rip off .......

Old October 11th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Blueskies

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message ...
Let's just say the force wasn't with them.

Here's the video.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/boom/x+wi...air-307945.php

That's fun! V-cool!

Old October 11th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Robert Barker wrote:
"OldPhart" wrote in message
| If you remember from the original web site about the build they made
the
| wings able to move into the "attack" position. If you look at the
video it
| seems to start coming apart when the wings start to move. It's hard to
tell
| if the wings started to move because it was coming apart or the other
way
| around.

I bet Dan Rather knows exactly what happened. ;-}

And Fox Noise will claim it's the fault of the Democrats or that it's
actually video of one of Saddam's WMDs that can fly from Iraq to the US!!!

That will balance out CNN claiming it's Bush's fault.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old October 11th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Maxwell says...

| If you remember from the original web site about the build they made
the
| wings able to move into the "attack" position. If you look at the
video it
| seems to start coming apart when the wings start to move. It's hard to
tell
| if the wings started to move because it was coming apart or the other
way
| around.

I bet Dan Rather knows exactly what happened. ;-}

And Fox Noise will claim it's the fault of the Democrats or that it's
actually video of one of Saddam's WMDs that can fly from Iraq to the US!!!

I don't know.... kind of looked to me like it might have been shot down....
I suspect floul play.

If you look real close just before the wing rip off .......

Shot!! it was SHOT??? Now the dems & Chucky Schumer et al will start a bill for
more gun control!! I can hear it now "we can't have our rockets getting shot
down with illegal guns..and oh the children!!" then PETA will chime in
"Foul play?? Chickens? that's why we should eat grass instead of meat...send
money to Fair play for Fowled rockets" :-)

See ya

Chuck S