Writing an Aerobatic Training Course

Old November 22nd 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.aerobatics
aussieman02

Default Writing an Aerobatic Training Course

I'm looking for information or guidance writing a course of training
for aerobatic flight. I've written courses for Private, Instrument,
and Commercial 141 training, but am looking for assistance regarding
aerobatics. My goal with the course is introducing the basic
aerobatic maneuvers to prospective students in a formal training
setting. Ideally, this would consist of ground and flight training
amouting to 10-12 flight hours and associated ground training time.

Could anyone offer guidance in the sequence with which to introduce
the maneuvers? I'm relatively new to aerobatic flying, and the way
with which I learned the maneuvers was not in the most efficient or
'non-disorientating' manner.

The scope of the training would be simply to expand on 'upset courses'
and introduce students to basic aerobatic maneuvering and attitude
aircraft control. This would require the student to be certificated
to at least the Private Pilot level. So in essence, the first 2-3
hours of the course would be the familiar 'upset training' that most
institutions offer.

Any suggestions or guidance with this is greatly appreciated!!

--Robbie

http://soyouwannabeapilot.blogspot.com/
Old November 22nd 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.aerobatics
NoSpam

aussieman02 wrote:
[...]

Get a copy of the AOPA aerobatic syllabus
(http://www.aopa.co.uk/scripts/course_a.php) or look in almost any
decent aeros book ("basic aeros" by Goulian and Szurovy or "better
aeros" by Cassidy).

I normally use something like this order for the basics: aileron
(ballistic) roll, loop, wingover, barrel roll, ROT, Stall turn
(hammerhead), precision spin, slow roll. Somewhere in there would be
academic spin, spin from manouevre, unusual attitude recoveries.

Dave

Dave
Old November 23rd 08, 07:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.aerobatics
aussieman02

Thank you! I've been actively researching several different books and
courses from basic to advanced aerobatics, and am excited to see the
information presented in that publication. I appreciate your input!!

--Robbie
soyouwannabeapilot.blogspot.com
Old December 19th 09, 01:28 PM
Royale Archie Royale Archie is offline
Junior Member

Experience the thrill of rolling and turning free in the sky. It will sharpen your reflexes, build self-confidence and increase your flying skills to make you a much more capable pilot. The aerobatic moves will be covered in 6 hours ground school and 10 hours of in-flight training.

Aerobatic training in Washington/Oregon Ben Jackson Piloting 4 April 4th 15 02:45 AM
ASK-21 AFA Aerobatic Training Syllabus [email protected] Soaring 1 April 11th 07 04:32 AM
Aerobatic Training in North Carolina 172Heavy Aerobatics 0 December 19th 06 08:02 PM
Aerobatic Training jsmith Piloting 4 January 25th 05 10:45 PM
Where can one get aerobatic training in the seattle area? SeattleFlyer Aerobatics 1 January 22nd 04 03:56 AM