Ground School Presentation Materials

Old January 22nd 18, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JD Williams

Default Ground School Presentation Materials

Hi Bill,

I used Russell Holtz's books with my club instructors when I was starting out. The chapters are well structured and the quizzes at the end help drive discussion as well as provide sense of mastery of the material. For the flying part, the checklists of skills is helpful to show the student how they are progressing, is a good post lesson day review and guide to what to work on for the next lesson, and if your club has multiple instructors is a good way for instructors to know where the student is before starting the training day. I found them to be valuable references during and after training.

Condor can also be an effective presentation tool!

Thank you for taking the time and initiative to become an instructor and help grow our ranks!

J.D.
Old January 24th 18, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks everyone for all the great information.

Bill

new ground school web app [email protected] Soaring 11 January 4th 16 05:17 PM
Commercial Glider Ground School Materials? tkgliderflight Soaring 1 December 7th 13 09:42 PM
Commercial Glider Ground School Materials? Morgan[_2_] Soaring 2 December 4th 13 07:51 PM
Ground Launch School KS Soaring 0 June 4th 13 02:00 PM
GGS ground school Bill Beckham Soaring 0 January 11th 05 11:57 PM