Lago Terramesh 13 (England & Wales) - holes in landscape?

Old November 7th 03, 10:33 PM
Kevin Reilly

Default Lago Terramesh 13 (England & Wales) - holes in landscape?

Can someone with Lago's Terramesh England & Wales installed on FS2004
(or an earlier version I suppose) please do me a favour and fly over to
the coordinates in the picture at

http://www.denali.org.uk/fs2004/lakenholes.jpg

and tell me if there are dirty great spooky holes in the ground like
there are on mine? Easiest way is to start at Mildenhall or Lakenheath
and slew.

I'm trying to determine if it's data corruption on my system or a
problem with the mesh itself.

TIA

--
Kev
"My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7."

Old November 7th 03, 10:39 PM
Kevin Reilly

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 I wrote:

http://www.denali.org.uk/fs2004/lakenholes.jpg

Never mind. I just found a brief reference on the Lago help pages. Looks
like it's a known, irreparable problem

--
Kev
"That's what happens when, in cricketing parlance, the wheel comes off and

Old November 8th 03, 12:40 PM
FSGenesis

Or, you could go to

http://portal.fsgenesis.net/modules....download&sid=1

(watch any word-wrap)

and download the new free British Isles 76.4m Terrain that doesn't have any
holes.

Justin\FSG

Old November 11th 03, 02:46 PM
Anonymous

FSGenesis wrote in message ...
Or, you could go to

http://portal.fsgenesis.net/modules....download&sid=1

(watch any word-wrap)

and download the new free British Isles 76.4m Terrain that doesn't have any
holes.

Justin\FSG

I downloaded this and can vouch for its accuracy - I live on the Scottish
mainland, on the north Caithness county coast, with a view of Orkney from
Thurso beach.

The default FS2002 scenery renders Orkney as being almost flat, and the
cliffs at Dunnet Head (the UK's most northerly point) are completely flat
whereas they are some of the most spectacular in the country.

With the scenery file mentioned above, I can pick out individual features
in the Scottish coastline that I know from actually having seen them.

The only thing apparently missing from the scenery (at Orkney) is the Old
Man of Hoy - a tall column of stone standing on the beach on Hoy's west
coast. It's a popular climbers' attraction. It can be seen from Thurso
beach, about 20 miles away. It's not there at all, even landed a helo on
the spot where it's supposed to be )

44 MB for UK alone; big file for a dial-up (56k) user like me, but well
worth it.

Cheers
Graeme