Electric jets where are You?

Old January 20th 11, 11:44 PM
nrepeb nrepeb is offline
Junior Member

Default Electric jets where are You?

Yes it maybe look strange, but where are electric jets!? Maybe they hidden or something like that... I known that cost of developing engine maybe high, but there are now some electric planes. It's enough to say that 70% of plane ticket on longer distances is for fuel cost. Cheap airlines can throw out pilots, stewardess, and even passengers to lower fuel consumption - but nothing will make the cost of fly lower than changing petrol fuel to electric! Of course due to legal procedures it maybe not possible to make atom powered plane, but electric could use cheap atom power or another source. There are many money thrown on developing electric sources for cars, and even now this a clear future.

But! There is no, or little evidence of electric jet engines for planes! If we want to have a cheaper source of power we must switch to electric! So if someone could make a difference (and get a fortune from airlines, because they want cheaper in use planes) it is a good time to start....
Old February 8th 11, 04:33 PM
Skipskatta Skipskatta is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrepeb View Post
[...]

I don't think electric planes are viable, and definitly not an option for airliners. Just think of the rigid testing program just for introducing biofuel, how can you see electric planes anytime soon? I think the future is more and more fuelefficient planes.
Old March 8th 11, 04:00 PM
motormouth95 motormouth95 is offline
Junior Member

Smile

It a nice idea but were is the country gonna get the money from were are hitting a money crisis at this point in time. And the company who will want to make the aircraft will go through so much health and saftey forms they will just give up.

Anyway it would be nice though it will be very quiet and less pollution on this earth it would be a way forward for commercial or military flight.
Old March 9th 11, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Bug Dout

nrepeb writes:

Yes it maybe look strange, but where are electric jets!?

First maybe describe WHAT an "electric" jet is?

--
Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."
Old March 9th 11, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article ,
Bug Dout wrote:

nrepeb writes:

Yes it maybe look strange, but where are electric jets!?

First maybe describe WHAT an "electric" jet is?

I think that its primary material is balonium, with unobtainium as a
secondary.
Old March 13th 11, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Larry[_7_]

On Jan 20, 3:44*pm, nrepeb wrote:
Yes it maybe look strange, but where are electric jets!?

Given that jet propulsion is based on the expansion of exhaust gases
created by burning some sort of combustible fuel, an "electric jet" is
not possible. Perhaps you are thinking of a ducted fan, which is
nothing more than a glorified propeller turning at high speed inside a
duct. I have absolutely nothing quantifiable here, but I'm guessing
that once you build the motors and batteries big enough to make that
work for any significant length of time, you won't have any room for
passengers or baggage.

There is work ongoing to convert a Cessna 172 to electric power.
They're currently shooting for an endurance of two hours carrying two
people.