British Aircraft to be used for Skydiving in Iran!

Old September 7th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default British Aircraft to be used for Skydiving in Iran!

Iran open's World's first Muslim women's skydiving center.

From: http://www.islamonline.com/news/news...hp?newid=16548

Also: http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...37999620070326

Paaviation has recently opened the world's first Muslim skydiving
center for women.

Due to Islamic regulations, Muslim women are not permitted to jump
with male skydive instructors (they would be intimately harnessed
together). This problem was overcome by using female instructors ( a
female student strapped to a female instructor is perfectly acceptable
under Islamic regulations) .

Commercial Director of Paaviation, (WWW.PAAVIATION.COM) Dean Ghobadi
said; "We can uniquely allow Muslim women to experience the thrill and
exhilaration of skydiving, in accordance with Islamic regulations.
This has been long overdue for Muslim women and will be an important
women's sporting and recreational activity in the Middle East."

They have exclusive use of a brand new Britten-Norman Islander
aircraft. (This is the first western made aircraft, factory supplied
to Iran since the Revolution in 1979) Please see:

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...37999620070326

They will be based at Azadi airport, just 50km from Tehran, on the
Tehran-Qazvin Highway. They have British and European instructors with
full USPA and BPA international certification, ensuring that "our male
and female students will be trained in a safe and highly professional
manner."

"We are very proud to have introduced this thrilling and exciting new
sport in Iran. We extend a warm welcome to Muslims and non-Muslims
around the world, male or female, young or old, to visit us in sunny
Iran," said Ghobadi.

Source: AFP