A WHAT Ran off the End of our Runway??

Old May 15th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default A WHAT Ran off the End of our Runway??

So our ILS is out at Republic Airport for the foreseeable future. A
"single-engine Marine jet" was the culprit according to the early stories in
the paper. I drove by the airport to survey the damage and was quite
surprised to see a *Harrier* jet sitting there! Umm, can't these things land
literally on a dime?? This was at the end of a 7,000 ft. runway. There's
probably a new callsign in the future for that Marine pilot...

Marco

http://www.usenet.com
Old May 15th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Maverick?

Old May 15th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Corporal" ???

Jim

Old May 16th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I was thinking "Mr. Magoo"

Marco

Old May 16th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I was thinking "Mr. Magoo"

Marco

Old May 16th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote in message
There's
probably a new callsign in the future for that Marine pilot...

Slider?

Old May 17th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote:

. There's
probably a new callsign in the future for that Marine pilot...

Penquin or SLUG

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

SWRFI - next weekend! Richard Lamb Home Built 13 May 10th 06 03:45 AM
Southern California airports have worst runway safety records Larry Dighera Piloting 0 November 26th 05 04:48 PM
Pilots Slick Piloting 4 November 20th 04 11:21 AM
F15E's trounced by Eurofighters John Cook Military Aviation 193 April 11th 04 03:33 AM
Rwy incursions Hankal Piloting 10 November 16th 03 02:33 AM