Sikorsky To Acquire Schweizer Aircraft

Old September 2nd 04, 08:43 PM
Mark James Boyd

Kirk Stant wrote:

That's it! That explains everything! That's why no one ever gets
hurt in a 2-33 - THEY AREN'T REALLY FLYING! It's just a simulator!
We should paint them all blue and put the instructor's seat on the
outside, next to the student.

On super windy days, one of the great things about the 2-33 is you
can get in it and stay on the ground and "fly" it just like Kirk says.
It's a real blast for early students...

What other aircraft have ONE wheel, so you can do this?
--

------------+
Mark Boyd
Old September 3rd 04, 02:19 PM
Andreas Maurer

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 22:47:20 +1200, Bruce Hoult
wrote:

I've "flown" Blaniks on the ground on just the main wheel, while waiting
for the tow plane. For that matter I've done the same in the Janus.

.... please add ASK-21, DG-505 and ASH-25 for me...

Bye
Andreas
Old September 3rd 04, 05:05 PM
Nyal Williams

wrote:

I've 'flown' Blaniks on the ground on just the main
wheel, while waiting
for the tow plane. For that matter I've done the same
in the Janus.

.... please add ASK-21, DG-505 and ASH-25 for me...

I did it in an SG-38; so there!

Old September 4th 04, 12:12 AM
Bruce Hoult

wrote:

I've "flown" Blaniks on the ground on just the main wheel, while waiting
for the tow plane. For that matter I've done the same in the Janus.

... please add ASK-21, DG-505 and ASH-25 for me...

You got the nosewheel off the ground in an ASK-21? Wow. That normally
happens during takeoff at much higher speed than getting the tail off on
a tail-dragger.

Next someone is going to say they've done this in a Grob. Or an IS28!

-- Bruce

--
Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-
Old September 4th 04, 02:56 AM
Bill Daniels

"Bruce Hoult" wrote in message

wrote:

I've "flown" Blaniks on the ground on just the main wheel, while

waiting
for the tow plane. For that matter I've done the same in the Janus.

... please add ASK-21, DG-505 and ASH-25 for me...

You got the nosewheel off the ground in an ASK-21? Wow. That normally
happens during takeoff at much higher speed than getting the tail off on
a tail-dragger.

Next someone is going to say they've done this in a Grob. Or an IS28!

Yup. In a G103 and an IS28B2. The wind was blowing at a good clip though.

Bill Daniels

Old September 10th 04, 07:45 PM
Robert Ehrlich

Mark James Boyd wrote:

... then good luck ... getting soloed before
you get bored, broke, or old...

I found a very easy way to get soloed before getting
old: start when you are already old :-)