The SAAB Viggen "Family" Air-to-Air Photos

Old March 4th 04, 08:42 PM
Daniel Karlsson

Default The SAAB Viggen "Family" Air-to-Air Photos

All four remaining versions of the mighty SAAB 37
Viggen gathered for a unique formation flight!
See the air-to-air photo feature on:

Daniel K Aviation Images
http://www.daniel-k.com/aviation/

Enjoy!

Old March 4th 04, 08:54 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 21:42:22 +0100, "Daniel Karlsson"
wrote:

All four remaining versions of the mighty SAAB 37
Viggen gathered for a unique formation flight!
See the air-to-air photo feature on:

Daniel K Aviation Images
http://www.daniel-k.com/aviation/

Enjoy!

Thanks for the link. I've always like the Viggen. It's a shame that
such nice photos are at such a small res.
Old March 5th 04, 07:46 PM
John Mullen

wrote:

All four remaining versions of the mighty SAAB 37
Viggen gathered for a unique formation flight!
See the air-to-air photo feature on:

Daniel K Aviation Images
http://www.daniel-k.com/aviation/

Enjoy!

Thanks for the link. I've always like the Viggen. It's a shame that
such nice photos are at such a small res.

It'a lovely plane. Still looks futuristic on the eve of retirement...

John

Old March 5th 04, 09:10 PM
Per Nordenberg

"John Mullen" skrev i meddelandet
It'a lovely plane. Still looks futuristic on the eve of retirement...

Yes. A giant motor with wings attached...

The most incredible of all is that they're rapidly scrapping the most modern and
capable JA 37 Viggens, and at the same time maintaining much older versions for
another year or so. Swedish defence planning in a nut shell...

Regards,

Per Nordenberg

Old March 5th 04, 09:23 PM
Dave Kearton

"Per Nordenberg" wrote in message

| "John Mullen" skrev i meddelandet
| It'a lovely plane. Still looks futuristic on the eve of retirement...
|
| Yes. A giant motor with wings attached...
|
| The most incredible of all is that they're rapidly scrapping the most
modern and
| capable JA 37 Viggens, and at the same time maintaining much older
versions for
| another year or so. Swedish defence planning in a nut shell...
|

| Regards,
|
| Per Nordenberg

Now that makes me feel old...........

I remember when the Viggen was on the original shortlist for the RAAF's
Mirage III replacement in the mid '70s.

It was also a fantastic airshow performer, I remember a couple of
Farnborough shows where it taxied and reversed into its parking space,
definitely an oddity.

Not to mention that it was so bumpy and ugly that it was attractive, gave
hope to us all.

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old March 6th 04, 12:27 AM
Scott Ferrin

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:46:25 -0000, "John Mullen"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

All four remaining versions of the mighty SAAB 37
Viggen gathered for a unique formation flight!
See the air-to-air photo feature on:

Daniel K Aviation Images
http://www.daniel-k.com/aviation/

Enjoy!

Thanks for the link. I've always like the Viggen. It's a shame that
such nice photos are at such a small res.

It'a lovely plane. Still looks futuristic on the eve of retirement...

John

The first time I saw a photo was in the early seventies in a book
whose most modern US aircraft was the F-111. Next to the F-4 and the
Century Series it was definitely a smooth looking aircraft.