9/11 ATC operations

Old September 11th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Everett M. Greene[_3_]

Default 9/11 ATC operations

I asked a question of this newsgroup a year or more ago about
the 9/11 hijackings' impact on ATC personnel. Somebody gave
a wise ass answer that this was classified.

It now has been "declassified" and the Discovery Channel
had a program about the very subject. The program answered
my question and showed that the impact on the controllers
was quite traumatic (as I suspected it was).
Old September 11th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

"Everett M. Greene" wrote:

It now has been "declassified" and the Discovery Channel
had a program about the very subject.

What is the name of this program?

--
Peter
Old September 11th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Marco Leon

I purchased a DVD titled "Clearing the Skies" produced by the BBC. Is
the the program that aired on the Discovery Channel?

Marco

Old September 11th 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Stubby

Peter R. wrote:
"Everett M. Greene" wrote:

It now has been "declassified" and the Discovery Channel
had a program about the very subject.

What is the name of this program?

I didn't even know DoT has a security system that includes
classification of documents. If it were a DoD program, I would ask the
"classifying authority" is and have a chat with him/her. It could be
classified by a document (policy) and you can get a copy of that.
Old September 12th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Everett M. Greene[_2_]

"Marco Leon" writes:
Peter R. wrote:
"Everett M. Greene" wrote:

It now has been "declassified" and the Discovery Channel
had a program about the very subject.

What is the name of this program?

Unfortunately, I don't remember and I've erased it from the
DVR. It had something about Tom Brokaw in the title.

I purchased a DVD titled "Clearing the Skies" produced by
the BBC. Is the the program that aired on the Discovery Channel?

No. It's a good program and has been on the Discovery
Channel also, but it's not the program I cited.