Volkslogger to Ipaq connection

Old April 13th 04, 08:27 PM
Mark Brown

Default Volkslogger to Ipaq connection

HI,

I am using a Volkslogger to drive an Ipaq 3950 running
Mobile CU. However, as yet I have been unable to
get them to communicate, I would appreciate it if anyone
could suggest the correct settings to use. I have
tried setting MCU to auto detect with no luck and also
tried telling it there is a volkslogger providing the
signal but once again with no luck. I have also tried
changing all of the GPS sentences which the volkslogger
can output in, with no luck.

When I try to use XC soar software the Ipaq says the
serial port is allready in use (which it isnt) so maybe
this is part of the problem. If anyone has any ideas
on this subject I would be most grateful! Also, has
anyone had any experience of the cable/power converter
interfering on the radio and if so how did you shield
it?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Old April 14th 04, 02:49 AM
Richard Pfiffner

Mark

Go to this page and download the tty program item 1
http://www.winpilot.com/Header.htm

Install on your ipaq and run. it will show raw GPS data if you have wiring
correct. If it shows the raw data then it may be a SeeYou Problem.

Don't get out the aluminum foil as you will soon have the entire cockpit
full of it and still have the squelch buzz. The power converters and
cabling I sell are RFI suppressed.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old April 14th 04, 06:17 AM
Paul Remde

Hi,

First try simply doing a soft reset to the Pocket PC. That will insure that
no other programs are running and tying up the serial port.

Noise can be an issue if shielding and noise suppression are not taken into
account. I've sold hundreds of Goddard PS-5a power converters with no
complaints about noise. Larry makes very nice power converters and all his
cables are shielded.

Details are available he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/goddard.htm

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring Supplies

"Mark Brown" wrote in message
[...]

iPAQ connection to Filser 5000 Slave Rod Soaring 2 April 14th 04 11:01 PM
Commercial - iPAQ Cradle Changes Paul Remde Soaring 0 April 9th 04 03:29 PM
volkslogger connection? pete83 Soaring 2 March 29th 04 06:08 PM
iPaq wiring, cradles and mounts for gliders - Ideas?? Jim Kelly Soaring 12 December 4th 03 11:45 PM
iPAQ h2210/h2215 Review Paul Remde Soaring 0 September 3rd 03 03:45 AM