Feedback on 304 CZ

Old August 13th 03, 01:32 PM
STUART SCHWARTZ

Default Feedback on 304 CZ

What can you tell me about the 304 CZ from personal experiance?
I have read the posted reviews.
Old August 13th 03, 04:32 PM
Shawn Curry

STUART SCHWARTZ wrote:

What can you tell me about the 304 CZ from personal experiance?
I have read the posted reviews.

Easy to rig. One of my clubbies has one that I've helped rig, very nice.
I have a 303 (Mosquito) and have owned a Ventus b, which have the same
automatic control connections as the 304. These make rigging pretty
worry-free. All three gliders also have the same trailing edge
flap/dive brake setup, which requires a few flights to get used to, but
really makes for slow/short landings. They don't give the kind of
modulation on approach that SH style air brakes do though. Off, half,
and full are how I tend view glide path control.
The 303 and 304 (plus some/all? DGs) have a parallelogram control stick.
Instead of rotating back and forth around a point at the base of the
stick, it slides fore and aft along a line (roll control is the same as
a conventional stick). This was a non-issue for transitioning into the
303, but it decreases the tendency for turbulence to bounce your hand
resulting in uncommanded pitch changes. I don't really understand why
it works (and frankly don't care , but it does.

Cheers,
Shawn

Old August 14th 03, 02:42 AM

Stuart,

I have around 75 hours in the 304cz.

Its easy to rig, great handling (especially in the 15m configuration),
good performance, great fit/finish and the TE dive brakes are awesome.

Check out the owners section on wing and wheels web site for detailed
reviews.

Larry R.

Old August 14th 03, 07:43 PM
Robert Danewid

I have 800 hours on my 304 (an orignal Glasflügel, not CZ) and if you
have no ambitions to become World Champion I can truly recommend it.
Good craftmanship, good finish, excellent cockpit, nice handling etc

Robert
H304 s/n227 NS

Old August 16th 03, 06:46 AM
tango4

The parallelogram stick simply removes most of the input that the weight of
the pilots arm and hand might have on the control movements.

conventional stick - pull back - G increases - arm gets heavier and pulls
down on stick - increases sick back effect. Pilot makes effort to correct -
G decreases - arm gets lighter - unloads stick!

In rough air the effect starts with G loads from turbulence.

The theory is that PIO's are less likely in a ship with a parallelogram
control setup.

Ian

"Shawn Curry" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Old November 14th 05, 06:03 PM
whsensor whsensor is offline
Junior Member

Hello Robert,
I'm a german glider pilot, living and flying near Munich and searching for a Glasfluegel H304. As I red your report I would like to ask you if you are planning to sell your plane within the near future. In this case I would be glad to get a message from you. Thanks in advance
Kind regards
Wolfgang Hake
Pullach/Germany

Quote: