Cheap Flying: Interplane ZJ-Viera LSA

Old January 24th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Cheap Flying: Interplane ZJ-Viera LSA

This little single seater looks like a hoot:

http://www.interplaneaircraft.com/zjviera.htm
"From the creative mind of designer Marek Ivanov"

The ZJ has four renditions:
Mono wheel
Tri wheel
Part 103
Light Sport Aircraft (LSA)

Extremely light airplane which meets America's Part 103 and SSD
requirements.

Designed, calculated and tested according to Czech UL-2 and
American f2245 LSA standards.

Simple, high quality, one piece, all composite fuselage, engine,
wings, wheels and tail surfaces, resulting in low maintenance and
price.

Wing construction consists of glass fiber leading edge and
composite ribs covered with Ceconite.

Horizontal tail, rudder and ailerons have aluminum structure.

The wings and horizontal tail are easily detachable for transport
and storage.

The ZJ comes completely assembled and ready to fly!

Specifications:

Wing span 7.5 m 24.6 ft
wing area 9.1 m2 97.8 sq ft
Length 5.28 m 17.3 ft
Empty weight - mono-wheel 77 kg 169.6 lbs
Empty weight - tri-gear 88 kg 193.8 lbs
Gross weight 198 kg 436.1 lbs
Wing loading 21.75 kg/m2
Engine 26 HP 22HP - Part 103
Stall speed 44 km/h
Cruise speed 110 km/h 99 km/h Part 103
Vne speed 130 km/h
Rate of climb 3.5 ms-1 3 ms-1 Part 103
Fuel capacity 12 Liters

ZJ-Viera Pictures & Videos
Click here for U-Tube Video Links

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_category=2

http://www.lsaamerica.com/
US Distributor
Introductory Prices: Kit 4800 EUR (hours to build: 200)
(Quick build kit also available)
Ready to fly 10 000 EUR
Old January 25th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

* *http://www.lsaamerica.com/
* * US Distributor
* * Introductory Prices: * Kit *4800 EUR (hours to build: 200) *
* * (Quick build kit also available)
* * Ready to fly *10 000 EUR

An air scooter, or motorcycle.

Might be more fun than a Teenie Two.

Old January 25th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-01-24, Larry Dighera wrote:
This little single seater looks like a hoot:

I saw a couple of those at Sebring. They looked like a flying motorcycle,
more than anything else. I bet they're fun. OTOH, the engine/prop assembly
looked WEIRD...
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
http://www.hercules-390.org (Yes, that's me!)
Old January 25th 08, 08:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 02:51:11 GMT, Jay Maynard
wrote in
:

On 2008-01-24, Larry Dighera wrote:
This little single seater looks like a hoot:

I saw a couple of those at Sebring. They looked like a flying motorcycle,
more than anything else.

Did you get an opportunity to see them in flight? It would seem that
the mono-wheel doesn't provide much ground clearance of the wings for
use in unimproved fields.

I bet they're fun. OTOH, the engine/prop assembly
looked WEIRD...

While the engine mounting does look like a bit of a Rube Goldberg, I
suppose it was done that way to provide ground clearance for the prop.
As I understand it, this is a very new design. I look for it to
evolve/improve over time. There's word that it could be implemented
in carbon-fiber at a savings of 20kg.

This Canadian dealer seems to be pricing it a bit more than the
factory: http://www.aaaaviation.com/

There is more information about ordering on this UK dealer's web site:
http://www.flylight.co.uk/fixedwing/viera.htm

There's more information about the engine he
http://www.flyengines.com/eng/news02.html

Old January 28th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LWG

My kid said it looked like some guy parked his airplane in a bad
neighborhood.

Old January 28th 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:40:45 -0500, "LWG"
wrote in :

My kid said it looked like some guy parked his airplane in a bad
neighborhood.

There's an image of the aircraft with a proposed engine faring
installed he http://www.bmaa.org/forums/attach.aspx/1769/1gsw.jpg