Silent Skies

Old July 29th 18, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

Default Silent Skies

Oooh, poor Trumpflake, did someone call out the Orange pussy grabbing traitor?
Old July 29th 18, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

Awww poor Dan the Trumpflake, defending the indefensible Orange pussy grabber.
Old July 29th 18, 09:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 4:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 9:48:47 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Ask for an exception. Been granted to others in the past. Or move the club to Wurtsboro for the next 6 years.

An exception? How about giving us the details, maybe we
can use it as an example, and ask for the same thing.

Already mentioned. Skydive New England got permission to jump during Bush vacation TFRs in Maine. The glider club just outside of DC operates in or near the SuperDuperTFR. And some balloon guys apparently got permission. Jeezus if the balloon guys can do it how hard can it be?
Plus there is calling bcrats in the TFR business. Start with the FAA and work your way up the Secret Service. They aren't going to beat you up just cause you asked for something. 20 years of this stuff it ain't new. And please no one vote for Pocahontas cause that would be likely to zap my club.
Old July 29th 18, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, July 29, 2018 at 4:04:38 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Skydive New England got permission to jump during Bush vacation TFRs in Maine.

They were actually jumping inside the TFR? Or just
flying the jump plane in and out?

The glider club just outside of DC operates in or near the SuperDuperTFR.

Which TFR is that?

And some balloon guys apparently got permission.

For a one-time event, and a big deal that was scheduled months
(or years) in advance. And pretty heavily restricted.

Start with the FAA and work your way up the Secret Service.

I believe JRS did just that last year, asking for a cutout
or corridor like Stroudsburg has. Secret Service said no,
we aren't close enough to the TFR boundary. And I suspect
they'd pretty much require transponders in any gliders flying
within the boundary.

Jim Beckman
Old July 30th 18, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

It's not possible to have a conversation with one of you, is there? But
it would be nice if you guys would simply keep your venom to yourselves
for a change.Â* You lost, fairly, get over it.

--
Dan, 5J
Old July 30th 18, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 9:47:00 PM UTC-7, Charlie Quebec wrote:
Awww poor Dan the Trumpflake, defending the indefensible Orange pussy grabber.

Take your loser vitriol to democraticunderground - you will find PLENTY of snowflakes there to commiserate with.

Tom
Old July 30th 18, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

While offtrack..... If Clinton won, more likely my home field was shut down since I think we were within 30 or so miles of their house.

As to whom was better, I think both suck, I would have voted (I was in rehab with a broken back) for who scares me the least.
They both scare me (sad commentary on US president), but Trump scared me the least.

Whatever, these Presidential TFR's are slamming many GA sites. Since most rely on weekend flying, likely taking close to 80% of business.

I am strictly commenting on wide TFR's, not whom the person is. Find another Frikkin site to complain to. I am only commenting on TFR's local to me.
I feel for those sites that are within the TFR.
Old July 30th 18, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K m

On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 8:35:52 AM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:

You lost, fairly, get over it.

Dan, 5J

Dan,
Did you really post this? By now its pretty much common knowledge "that outside help" was obtained and major Campaign Finance laws were broken. Even though RAS has had to endure your childish Hate Radio diatribe in the past, no one is denying your chance to converse. Just don't do it here.
RAS is for serious stiff like finish heights, Battery chemistrys, and PW5s.
Kirk
Old July 31st 18, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, July 29, 2018 at 11:21:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, July 29, 2018 at 4:04:38 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Skydive New England got permission to jump during Bush vacation TFRs in Maine.

They were actually jumping inside the TFR? Or just
flying the jump plane in and out?

The glider club just outside of DC operates in or near the SuperDuperTFR.

Which TFR is that?

And some balloon guys apparently got permission.

For a one-time event, and a big deal that was scheduled months
(or years) in advance. And pretty heavily restricted.

Start with the FAA and work your way up the Secret Service.

I believe JRS did just that last year, asking for a cutout
or corridor like Stroudsburg has. Secret Service said no,
we aren't close enough to the TFR boundary. And I suspect
they'd pretty much require transponders in any gliders flying
within the boundary.

Jim Beckman

Yes they were jumping in the TFR. You say the balloon event was planned for a long time but your club has been around since the twenties. The DC area glider club has been mentioned here, I haven't looked at a sectional but understand they are close to Camp David and the DC permanent TFR. Separate your politics from the task at hand and go ask for permission or move. And please don't vote for Pocahontas in 2020 cause that would probably screw up my club. Lolz
Old July 31st 18, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 5:00:37 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

POLITICS HAS PLACE AT RAS!

Silent-IN Motorglider [email protected] Soaring 1 August 21st 04 03:17 PM
Silent-IN Motorglider [email protected] Soaring 2 August 20th 04 03:56 PM
Alisport Silent-IN willie Soaring 1 August 20th 04 12:40 AM
Silent-IN Motorglider Roger Pitlo Soaring 0 August 20th 04 12:02 AM
The not-so-noisy jet Silent Howard Banks Soaring 0 May 22nd 04 02:51 AM