Soaring Software Academy before SSA Convention

Old October 6th 04, 08:01 PM
Paul Remde

Default Soaring Software Academy before SSA Convention

Hi,

The Soaring Society of America is arranging an exciting new software
training opportunity on the Wednesday, February 9th before the start of the
SSA convention in Ontario, California. Mark your calendars now.
Registration will be available on the SSA web site soon. Space is limited
so register early.

Training classes will be offered on StrePla, SeeYou and WinPilot products.
I will be leading the course on StrePla at 4 PM and pocket*StrePla at 5 PM.
The full schedule is available he
http://www.ssa.org/convention/schedule.asp

The classes are designed to be valuable for current users of the products
and pilots interested in learning more about them before buying. Topics
will include the basics for beginners as well as advanced features for
experienced users.

Of course attending the classes means you will need to arrive at the
convention early, but I'm sure you will find learning experience worth the
time. I imagine there are features of these powerful products that you have
not used yet or do not fully understand. I will make sure that the classes
I lead are well organized but will also take requests for help on specific
features of interest. Be sure to bring your laptop computer and/or Pocket
PC so you can get the most out of the training.

Thank you,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old October 7th 04, 12:59 AM
Guy Byars

Training classes will be offered on StrePla, SeeYou and WinPilot products.
I will be leading the course on StrePla at 4 PM and pocket*StrePla at 5

PM.
The full schedule is available he
http://www.ssa.org/convention/schedule.asp

When is the Winscore session? The AeroExplorer session?

Old October 7th 04, 02:58 AM
Bob Lepp

Snip..

The full schedule is available he
http://www.ssa.org/convention/schedule.asp

Paul, not sure you can help here..... but you got me reading the
schedule,

I see Feb 10 at 11:00 Bill Liscomb is doing a talk on:

Dreams Come True: The Story of Modern Gang Gliding

Is this an attempt to stem the decline in the sport by taking gliding
"to the streets"??

Or is some new monster towplane capable of 12 gliders on one tow?
Old October 7th 04, 03:37 AM
Mark Zivley

That would be an interesting contest rule change - everyone hooks to one
towplane and the clock starts as soon as you release....

Snip..

Old October 8th 04, 03:49 AM
Paul Remde

Hi Guy,

I agree that the selection of vendors is somewhat arbitrary, but if every
vendor was given an hour it would take 3 days. I would have liked to have a
session for Glide Navigator II users as well, but time was limited and I
didn't get to pick who is offering the training sessions. It is my
impression that WinPilot, StrePla and SeeYou were chosen because they are
perceived as the market leaders. That is argueable of course - I think
Glide Navigator II has sold more licenses than some of the brands selected.

However, I applaud the SSA for supporting this excellent idea and I can live
with their decision (although I'm biased because I sell and support StrePla
and SeeYou). I believe Sue McMaster (SeeYou-USA) deserves all the credit
for the idea and Jim Skydell ran with the idea and made it happen with
support from the SSA. The SSA says this is a first "trial run" effort that
can be expanded upon next year if it is successful.

I hope people are willing to come to the convention early to take advantage
of the free training. It will be worth it.

I see that the SSA web site is ready to accept registrations he
http://www.ssa.org/online/cat17.htm Walk-ins are welcome but please
register so we can plan space and refreshments accordingly.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old October 8th 04, 03:59 AM
Paul Remde

Hi Bob,

Funny. It has to be a typo... I think...

Also, they seem to have a typo for the soaring flight software shootout on
Saturday - the description is "PANEL - Battle of DPDA Cockpit Software".
What is "DPDA"? Digital Personnal Digital Assistant? I imagine it should
be PDA but it sounds like "D' PDA" as in "Hey Vinnie, are you goin' ta'
bring me duh PDA or what?"

Paul Remde

"Bob Lepp" wrote in message
om...