EU as joke (modified)

Old October 25th 03, 10:15 AM
Cub Driver

Default EU as joke (modified)

The more or less final (some would say "cooked") figures are in, and
Europe's performance is not entirely as shabby as I earlier posted.

Japan says it will provide $5 billion, including $3.5 billion in loans
(as if Iraq needed any more of those, after what Germany, France, and
Russia extended to Saddam Hussein so that he could advance his
mischief).

Saudi Arabia says $1 billion, most or all of it loans.

The European Union has upped its claim to $826 million. Dunno how much
of that is real, but couldn't it at least have matched the Saudis?

Iran (Iran!) pledged $300 million, very generous indeed coming from a
former victim of Saddam, especially when compared to Europe's pledge.

Vietnam pledged $500,000 in rice. Sri Lanka will provide 100 tons of
tea. (I wonder how much of that tea the European will drink as they
drive around in their air-conditioned Land Rovers looking for business
opportunities and American malfeasance?)

Oh, yes, and the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund have
also pledged considered billions of dollars, but we all know who
provides their money, don't we?

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old October 25th 03, 03:15 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:38:00 +0200, "Emmanuel Gustin" wrote:

"Cub Driver" wrote in message
.. .

Oh, yes, and the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund have
also pledged considered billions of dollars, but we all know who
provides their money, don't we?

Do you? The USA has only a 16.41% share in the World
Bank and a 17.4% quota in the IMF.

And what is Belgium's share? USD $0.25?

Al Minyard
Old October 25th 03, 08:38 PM
Emmanuel.Gustin

Alan Minyard wrote:

:Do you? The USA has only a 16.41% share in the World
:Bank and a 17.4% quota in the IMF.

: And what is Belgium's share? USD $0.25?

In the IMF 2.16%. Considering that the population
of Belgium is only 1/29th of that of the USA, that
is not bad.

As for the World Bank, that is a conglomerate
of institutions; the crucial appears to be the IBRD.
Belgium has 1.84% in the IBRD and the USA 16.85%.

Emmanuel Gustin

Old October 26th 03, 04:20 PM
Alan Minyard

On 25 Oct 2003 19:38:20 GMT, "Emmanuel.Gustin" wrote:

Alan Minyard wrote:

:Do you? The USA has only a 16.41% share in the World
:Bank and a 17.4% quota in the IMF.

: And what is Belgium's share? USD $0.25?

In the IMF 2.16%. Considering that the population
of Belgium is only 1/29th of that of the USA, that
is not bad.

As for the World Bank, that is a conglomerate
of institutions; the crucial appears to be the IBRD.
Belgium has 1.84% in the IBRD and the USA 16.85%.

Emmanuel Gustin

So the US contribution is far beyond that of Belgium, but it
is not big enough, whereas when the US acts like a "big"
Country (I.E. Iraq) we should let everyone else tell us
what to do?? Get over it, we are the "800 pound gorilla",
and the fact that you want us to be schizophrenic about
it will not change that fact.

We pay the piper, we get to call the tune.

Al Minyard
Old October 27th 03, 09:47 PM
Gerd Koegler

Cub Driver wrote:
The more or less final (some would say "cooked") figures are in, and
Europe's performance is not entirely as shabby as I earlier posted.

Japan says it will provide $5 billion, including $3.5 billion in loans
(as if Iraq needed any more of those, after what Germany, France, and
Russia extended to Saddam Hussein so that he could advance his
mischief).

Saudi Arabia says $1 billion, most or all of it loans.

The European Union has upped its claim to $826 million. Dunno how much
of that is real, but couldn't it at least have matched the Saudis?

Stop whining.

We (germany) already payed your ****in 2nd Gulf War.

Old October 27th 03, 09:49 PM
Gerd Koegler

We (germany) already paid your ****in 2nd Gulf War.

Old October 27th 03, 09:50 PM
Gerd Koegler

We (germany) already paid the ****in 2nd Gulf War.

Old October 27th 03, 10:14 PM
Cub Driver

We (germany) already payed your ****in 2nd Gulf War.

Really? It was my impression that you paid zilch = nichts = nada =
zip. You have certainly kept your largesse secret from the rest of the
world.

Also, you still owe us for World War I and World War II, after each of
which unpleasantness the American taxpayer rebuilt your heel-clicking
country. I especially liked the aftermath of WWI. The U.S. sent the
money to Germany, which cashed the check and sent it along to Britain
in war reparations.

Much the same thing will happen in Iraq. We will send billions to
Iraq, which will cash the check and send the money along to the
German, French, and Russian companies that supplied Saddam's war
machine.

Europe! The loose federation of free-loaders!

(Don Rumsfeld's useful distinction between Old Europe and New Europe
should be mentioned here. The peripheral states--Poland, Spain, and
Britain notably among them--are not so pompously selfish as the
central axis of France and Germany, with their ancillary organs like
the Dutch marching band.)

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old October 27th 03, 10:32 PM
Pierre-Henri Baras

"Cub Driver" a écrit dans le message de news:

We (germany) already payed your ****in 2nd Gulf War.

Really? It was my impression that you paid zilch = nichts = nada =
zip. You have certainly kept your largesse secret from the rest of the
world.

Hmmm now tell us which 3 countries payed for the 1991 Gulf War??
1.Germany
2.Japan
3.Saudi Arabia

Germany and Japan's contribution were directly linked to this.

Also, you still owe us for World War I and World War II, after each of
which unpleasantness the American taxpayer rebuilt your heel-clicking
country. I especially liked the aftermath of WWI. The U.S. sent the
money to Germany, which cashed the check and sent it along to Britain
in war reparations.

For WWI I can assure you that France and the UK were repaid. And that we
repaid this money to Germany x10 in 1940.
I don't want to start this argument again, but on a ratio of dead
soldiers/total population the US wasn't the country that needed financial
compensations first.

For WWII, since the US were in charge of the country until 1949, I was under
the impression that they had enough opportunities.
As a matter of fact I'm reading a book on the "Paperclip" operation after
the war. Fascinating. You should look it up("Google it up" for you).

BTW, all US/France bashing appart, thank you for the Marshall Plan...

Much the same thing will happen in Iraq. We will send billions to
Iraq, which will cash the check and send the money along to the
German, French, and Russian companies that supplied Saddam's war
machine.

You honestly believe Germany, France and Russia are gonna make more $ than
the USA in post Saddam Irak?
Come on, you're pulling my leg!
Haven't you heard of Haliburton, KBR, MPCI, Carlyle???

Pierre-Henri BARAS

Co-webmaster de French Fleet Air Arm
http://www.ffaa.net
Encyclopédie de l'Aviation sur le web
http://www.aviation-fr.info

Old October 27th 03, 10:40 PM
Roman J. Rohleder

Cub Driver schrieb:

We (germany) already payed your ****in 2nd Gulf War.

Really? It was my impression that you paid zilch = nichts = nada =
zip. You have certainly kept your largesse secret from the rest of the
world.

For those who noticed the Gulf regions existence only since 1990 -
there were three wars denoted "Gulf War" until today - the Iraq/Iran
conflict (GWI), Desert Storm (GWII) and the one called "Iraqi Freedom"
(GWIII).

Germany contributed 18 billion DM cash for GWII plus military gear and
equipment. Thats pretty much above "Zilch".

(2 billion in fall 1990, the rest during the build-up in early 1991).

Europe! The loose federation of free-loaders!

Has someone cracked your account? You sounded very much more civilized
in recent months..

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

Sure.

Gruss, Roman

The joke called TSA Spockstuto Instrument Flight Rules 58 December 27th 04 01:54 PM
Sick Boeing Joke. plasticguy Home Built 0 April 1st 04 03:16 PM
On Topic Joke Eric Miller Home Built 8 March 6th 04 04:01 AM
Europe as joke Cub Driver Military Aviation 165 November 8th 03 11:45 PM
American joke on the Brits ArtKramr Military Aviation 50 September 30th 03 10:52 PM