EU as joke (modified)

Old October 27th 03, 11:07 PM
Roman J. Rohleder

Roman J. Rohleder schrieb:

Germany contributed 18 billion DM cash for GWII plus military gear and
equipment. Thats pretty much above "Zilch".

Examples for equipment contribution:

8000h Transall transport flights, 200 train loads for allied troops,
60 Fuchs tanks to the US army, 11 to the UK troops. Patriot batteries
delivered to Israel and Turkey, plus Leopard I tanks to Turkey. 100000
gas masks and suits agains chemical warfare to Israel.

AFAIK one of the Patriot battery stayed in Israel until today.

Two batteries have been delivered there in January this year.

(2 billion in fall 1990, the rest during the build-up in early 1991).

And a example for active military contribution - the Bundesmarine
sweeped the Persian Gulf from mines just after the war and Special
Ships cleaned it from leaking oil..

So.. "Nada" contribution? I wish we had this money today..
Gruss, Roman
Old October 28th 03, 11:06 AM
Cub Driver

the Iraq/Iran
conflict (GWI), Desert Storm (GWII) and the one called "Iraqi Freedom"
(GWIII).

Ah, Roman, but the post said referred to YOUR (i.e. American) Gulf War
2. I would quote it exactly but there's an obscenity in there that
children shouldn't see. (And I judge from the quality of the debate
that a lot of children post here.)

Gulf I = 1991

Gulf II = 2003

Don't worry. Americans don't regard Germans as utterly contemptible in
this matter. That's reserved for the French.

It will be a long time changing, too, I think.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old October 28th 03, 11:48 AM
Ralph Savelsberg

Cub Driver wrote:

We (germany) already payed your ****in 2nd Gulf War.

Really? It was my impression that you paid zilch = nichts = nada =
zip. You have certainly kept your largesse secret from the rest of the
world.

Also, you still owe us for World War I and World War II, after each of
which unpleasantness the American taxpayer rebuilt your heel-clicking
country. I especially liked the aftermath of WWI. The U.S. sent the
money to Germany, which cashed the check and sent it along to Britain
in war reparations.

Much the same thing will happen in Iraq. We will send billions to
Iraq, which will cash the check and send the money along to the
German, French, and Russian companies that supplied Saddam's war
machine.

Yeah right. Read the cover article in this week's newsweek and see where
the money's going. Not to France, Germany or Russia.

Europe! The loose federation of free-loaders!

(Don Rumsfeld's useful distinction between Old Europe and New Europe
should be mentioned here. The peripheral states--Poland, Spain, and
Britain notably among them--are not so pompously selfish as the
central axis of France and Germany, with their ancillary organs like
the Dutch marching band.)

I understand your admiration for the Dutch `Marinierskapel' or the
`Luchtmachtorkest'. It's part of a tradition going back a few hundred
years and `esprit de corps' (yes, I know, that's French). However, your
comments seem to indicate you have some sort of beef with the
Netherlands (which supported the War in Iraq by the way, against the
will of the majority of it's population, flew more combat missions over
Kosovo than the UK and participated in operations in Afghanistan as part
of `The war against terror'). Why do you keep bringing up 'the Dutch
marching band'? Is it some vague reference to Dutch Peace Keepers in
Srebrenica perhaps? If so, I'd love to read your opinion on that.
Regards,
Ralph Savelsberg

Old October 28th 03, 04:40 PM
Denyav

Also, you still owe us for World War I and World War II, after each of
which unpleasantness the American taxpayer rebuilt your heel-clicking
country. I especially liked the aftermath of WWI. The U.S. sent the
money to Germany, which cashed

The value of German technology stolen after WWII is estimated to be 1300
Billion current dollars.
Imagine what would happen if US had spent this amount to develop the
technology?.

(Don Rumsfeld's useful distinction between Old Europe and New Europe
should be mentioned here. The peripheral states--Poland, Spain, and
Britain notably among them--are

Rumsfeld is probably only man in Washington DC that understands whats going on
in the world.
The struggle is not between US and Europa or US and Iraq ,Afghanistan or
whatever 3rd world country,struggle is between the Global Military Power and
Global Financial Power.

To win the struggle the Global Military Power needs decisive
(historical)military victories everywhere.

But to defeat the Global Military Power,the Global Financial Power needs only
one thing,namely to prove that the "proceeds" of decisive historical military
victories of the Global Military Power are not sufficent.

Not very promising situation for the Global Military Power.

Old October 28th 03, 05:24 PM
Alan Minyard

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:47:31 +0100, "Gerd Koegler" wrote:

Cub Driver wrote:
The more or less final (some would say "cooked") figures are in, and
Europe's performance is not entirely as shabby as I earlier posted.

Japan says it will provide $5 billion, including $3.5 billion in loans
(as if Iraq needed any more of those, after what Germany, France, and
Russia extended to Saddam Hussein so that he could advance his
mischief).

Saudi Arabia says $1 billion, most or all of it loans.

The European Union has upped its claim to $826 million. Dunno how much
of that is real, but couldn't it at least have matched the Saudis?

Stop whining.

We (germany) already payed your ****in 2nd Gulf War.

You, sir, are a fool. You have absolutely no idea of the costs
of OIF, or the fact that Germany was too cowardly to commit
troops, money, or any other form of support.

And juvenile. foul language only makes you look more idiotic.

Al Minyard
Old October 28th 03, 09:17 PM
phil hunt

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:14:46 -0500, Cub Driver wrote:
(Don Rumsfeld's useful distinction between Old Europe and New Europe
should be mentioned here. The peripheral states--Poland, Spain, and
Britain notably among them--are not so pompously selfish as the
central axis of France and Germany, with their ancillary organs like
the Dutch marching band.)

Yes, the Germans are so selfish they are the major net contributors
to the EU.

But feel free not to let reality get in the way of your bigotry.

(Email: , but first subtract 275 and reverse
the last two letters).

Old October 28th 03, 09:52 PM
tadaa

You, sir, are a fool. You have absolutely no idea of the costs
of OIF, or the fact that Germany was too cowardly to commit
troops, money, or any other form of support.

And juvenile. foul language only makes you look more idiotic.

Al Minyard

He needs foul language to look idiotic.

And you sir just need to open your mouth to look idiotic.

Old October 28th 03, 11:34 PM
Ron

The value of German technology stolen after WWII is estimated to be 1300
Billion current dollars.

Source?

Secret documents that will be released 50 years from now

Ron
Pilot/Wildland Firefighter

The joke called TSA Spockstuto Instrument Flight Rules 58 December 27th 04 01:54 PM
Sick Boeing Joke. plasticguy Home Built 0 April 1st 04 03:16 PM
On Topic Joke Eric Miller Home Built 8 March 6th 04 04:01 AM
Europe as joke Cub Driver Military Aviation 165 November 8th 03 11:45 PM
American joke on the Brits ArtKramr Military Aviation 50 September 30th 03 10:52 PM