Thanks be to God

Old December 10th 03, 03:08 PM
Rick Durden

John,

Bottom line. Made it and glad to be here today with all you good (and
bad) folks. G

Well put.

Cheers,
Rick
Old December 10th 03, 03:59 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Mike Beede wrote:

P.S., Just a joke folks....

Well, *I* find it in *very* poor taste. Quite insulting, in fact.
:-)

George Patterson
Some people think they hear a call to the priesthood when what they really
hear is a tiny voice whispering "It's indoor work with no heavy lifting".
Old December 10th 03, 04:06 PM
Rob Perkins

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:41:09 -0000, Dylan Smith
wrote:

In article , TripFarmer wrote:
Rick,

I think you're a vocal minority in the world. Please keep your religion
bashing to yourself. No need to reply. This is my only post on the subject.

In my country, the religious are the minority.

Which country is that? Great Britain? Or are you referring only to
Isle of Man?

Rob
Old December 10th 03, 05:39 PM
Rob Perkins

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:00:49 +0100, Thomas Borchert
wrote:

Rob,

given to a person by God.

Nice god you have yourself, with all those quite skillful murderers out there.

sorry, you made it too easy

Oooo, Thomas! You got me! My Faith is shattered and my whole
metaphysical world is collapsing around me!

I'm cast adrift in a philosophical swamp of fetid ideas and metaphor.
What to do? What to do??? Augh!

I think I'll try to go flying! :-D

Rob, who's gonna pray for safety before making that first radio call
Old December 10th 03, 06:31 PM
Corky Scott

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:39:31 GMT, Rob Perkins
wrote:

I think I'll try to go flying! :-D

Rob, who's gonna pray for safety before making that first radio call

Oooohhhh bad move Rob. Better fly the airplane first, emergency
procedures second, praying last. You might run out of time to fly if
you pray first. Then you might discover the answer to the big
QUESTION personally. ;-)

Corky Scott

Old December 10th 03, 11:17 PM
David Dyer-Bennet

Big John writes:

In some of the subsequent posts following my 'story' my use of "Grace
of God" seems to start being taken to task. I could have use the word
"luck" which can extrapolate directly into 'Grace of God' if anyone
has heart burn about thanking my deity.

As one of the people with the biggest alergic reactions to religious
stuff -- when you're talking about your own *very* fortunate and by no
means guaranteed happy outcome, you may attribute it to whatever seems
proper to you without my getting heartburn. (Not that you need my
permission even if I *did* object, of course :-)).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, , www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
RKBA: noguns-nomoney.com www.dd-b.net/carry/
Old December 11th 03, 03:41 PM
Corky Scott

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:44:53 GMT, Rob Perkins
wrote:

So you think I ought to take off into Class D airspace before making
radio calls? Won't I need God's help even more for the inevitable FAA
action?

Rob, who will pray before making that first radio call. Yeesh!

Sorry, my bad. I was thinking of a situation where you were having an
in-flight emergency and were planning to pray before "making that
first radio call."

It hadn't occured to me you might be on the ground thinking about
praying before flying.

Corky Scott