Discovery Wings Channel ???

Old November 12th 04, 05:41 PM
Jerry J. Wass

Default Discovery Wings Channel ???

All Thumbs wrote:

Whatever happened to the EAA shows that were aired on Speedvision?
Was "Fom The Ground Up" shown on that channel? Seems like the EAA
could provide some programming. I always wanted a channel that would
just drive up and down the rows at Oshkosh, no commentary necessary.

You iss gehitten der nailen on der head !!(hope you miss your thumb)

I would LOVE a drive up & down the rows--even pre announced so the
builder thereof could say" I used the orange binder twine to ribstitch my
fabrick---"
Mebby allow him/her a 30 second spot---Waddyou think??

Old November 13th 04, 03:29 AM
Morgans

just drive up and down the rows at Oshkosh, no commentary necessary.

You iss gehitten der nailen on der head !!(hope you miss your thumb)

I would LOVE a drive up & down the rows--even pre announced so the
builder thereof could say" I used the orange binder twine to ribstitch my
fabrick---"
Mebby allow him/her a 30 second spot---Waddyou think??

I have been proposing, for years, that the owners of the homebuilts in the
show area (and perhaps other areas) be encouraged to post a time on his
plane, that he or she would be available for a half hour or hour on the next
day, so someone with burning questions could talk with them.

Comments?
--
Jim in NC

---

Old November 13th 04, 05:36 PM
Jerry J. Wass

Morgans wrote:

just drive up and down the rows at Oshkosh, no commentary necessary.

You iss gehitten der nailen on der head !!(hope you miss your thumb)

I would LOVE a drive up & down the rows--even pre announced so the
builder thereof could say" I used the orange binder twine to ribstitch my
fabrick---"
Mebby allow him/her a 30 second spot---Waddyou think??

I have been proposing, for years, that the owners of the homebuilts in the
show area (and perhaps other areas) be encouraged to post a time on his
plane, that he or she would be available for a half hour or hour on the next
day, so someone with burning questions could talk with them.

Comments?

A very good idea, just wish I had the $ & time to go---Or---Paul could pass out
chalkboards to the guys that wanted them & messages/queries could be left/read.

--
Jim in NC

---

Old November 15th 04, 04:31 PM
James M. Knox

"Morgans" wrote in
:

I have been proposing, for years, that the owners of the homebuilts
in the
show area (and perhaps other areas) be encouraged to post a time on
his plane, that he or she would be available for a half hour or hour
on the next day, so someone with burning questions could talk with
them.

Related... Most of the homebuilt kit manufacturers have videos. Yeah, it's
advertising, but it shows the features and something of the construction,
and lots of pretty pictures of their plane flying around. I think those
could be acquired basically for free (with probably enough money from them
to cover the cost of "repackaging" the video) and turn it into a nice dozen
half-hour segments covering the kitplane market. Cheap advertising for the
manufacturer, cheap production costs for DW, and new footage for us.

Whatever happened to the competition DW was supposed to have, a channel
called "The Aviation Channel" or some such?