Thanks be to God

Old December 9th 03, 05:45 PM
John T

"R. Hubbell" wrote in message
news:CQmBb.29324$ZE1.26292@fed1read04

It's a figure of speech for crying out loud. If he had said "lady
luck
was on my side" you wouldn't have said anything.

....except to complain that he believes in little "luck" fairies.

Face it: Some folks just want to argue and nothing you say will avoid
angering/insulting/annoying *somebody*.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/tknoFlyer

Old December 10th 03, 12:04 AM
Mike Beede

In article om, John T wrote:

Face it: Some folks just want to argue and nothing you say will avoid
angering/insulting/annoying *somebody*.

That's a lie, dammit!

Mike Beede

P.S., Just a joke folks....
Old December 10th 03, 04:08 AM
R. Hubbell

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 21:54:49 -0600 Big John wrote:

All right you'se guys. Told the whole story last year but a short
version.

Ferrying three T-33's out of over haul to Iceland and going to bring
the war weary birds back.

Launched, CAVU and forecast and to remain, from Goose Bay along with 9
F-5's going to Jordan. En route, Wx at Sonderstrom went to 1K and
three miles in snow. F-5's were faster and passed us and started
landing (GCA) before us. We arrived at Sonderstrom and listened to the
problems the F-5's were having while circuling for an hour.

Finally given clearance to make an approach to GCA for landing. Gave
us a 360 to burn off altitude and ran us behind a mountain and we lost
radio contact. I climbed a little and went to Guard and got contact
and we were on base leg and they forgot I was on Guard and let us over
shoot final talking on descrete freq not Guard. Sent us around with 12
gallons on totalizer. Pulled up and punched.

Civilian chopper picked three of us up and 4th landed outside their
local TV station and walked in on camera :O)

Lots of errata but that is basic story.

Monday morning quarter back. If I had declared emergency fuel 10-15
minutes earlier they might have lost one or two F-5's but my three
birds would have landed ok. Isn't hindsight wonderful.

Big John

Great story here, you owe to your self to gather this up, add a little
more detail and send it off to a few of your favorite plane mags for
submission, not as a letter to the editor. This deserves it's own
space.

R. Hubbell

Msc

The F-5's had a price tag of over a million dollars ea.

The T-33's were on the books at $65K ea.

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 11:37:28 -0600, Big John
wrote:

33 years ago at about 13:00 Greenland Standard Time , with good
training, excellent equipment and the Grace of God, I ejected over
Sonderstrom Greenland, in the middle of a snow storm and survived,

This day after Pearl Harbor Day, I celebrate, with my troops, this
episode in time.

Big John

Old December 10th 03, 04:20 AM
Wizard of Draws

Big John wrote:

Monday morning quarter back. If I had declared emergency fuel 10-15
minutes earlier they might have lost one or two F-5's but my three
birds would have landed ok. Isn't hindsight wonderful.

Big John

Msc

The F-5's had a price tag of over a million dollars ea.

The T-33's were on the books at $65K ea.

Cool story. Glad you're still around to tell it.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

"Cartoons with a Touch of Magic"
http://www.wizardofdraws.com
http://www.cartoonclipart.com
Old December 10th 03, 11:00 AM
Thomas Borchert

Rob,

given to a person by God.

Nice god you have yourself, with all those quite skillful murderers out there.

sorry, you made it too easy

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 10th 03, 01:41 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , TripFarmer wrote:
Rick,

I think you're a vocal minority in the world. Please keep your religion
bashing to yourself. No need to reply. This is my only post on the subject.

In my country, the religious are the minority.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net