A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Nano 4 vs Colibri X ?

Old June 29th 18, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

Default Nano 4 vs Colibri X ?

Has anyone had the opportunity to play or fly with both? Wondering about the pro's and con's of each. Both same price, any features that would set one apart from the other?
Old July 1st 18, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I have been flying with a Nano 4 for the last couple of months. Impressive little unit with a very clear bright display. It has made my LX5000/PDA set-up virtually unecessary because the final glide computations are virtually identical. Great when I am flying the club trainer which has no electronic instrumentation. Have it attached to my instrument panel with Velcro and in flight the buttons on the front give positive inputs. On the ground, the touch screen make navigating the screens and inputting info very easy. I have looked at the Colibri X which is also a solid, well built little unit. Looks similar in functions to the Nano 4. Touch screen only though. I think it's best to view both and then make your choice based on your personal preference. Both look fantastic.
Old July 1st 18, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

After reviewing the brchures, its not clear to me if the Colibri X offers a Nano 4 equal FLARM "radar " screen. How does the Nano 4/ Colibri X FLARM "radar" screens compare to the AIR Avionics AIR Traffic Display?
Old July 1st 18, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

After reviewing the brochures, its not clear to me if the Colibri X offers a Nano 4 equal FLARM "radar " screen. How does the Nano 4/ Colibri X FLARM "radar" screens compare to the AIR Avionics AIR Traffic Display?

Old August 27th 18, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Any further opinions between these two? Anyone have a reason to avoid one or the other?
Thanks
On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 12:24:54 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I have been flying with a Nano 4 for the last couple of months. Impressive little unit with a very clear bright display. It has made my LX5000/PDA set-up virtually unecessary because the final glide computations are virtually identical. Great when I am flying the club trainer which has no electronic instrumentation. Have it attached to my instrument panel with Velcro and in flight the buttons on the front give positive inputs. On the ground, the touch screen make navigating the screens and inputting info very easy. I have looked at the Colibri X which is also a solid, well built little unit. Looks similar in functions to the Nano 4. Touch screen only though. I think it's best to view both and then make your choice based on your personal preference. Both look fantastic.

Old August 28th 18, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
external usenet poster

If your situation is that you are looking for a primary navigation device that also displays FLARM traffic, I would go with the Oudie*. Larger screen, comes with all the needed mounting and electronics accessories, and the very mature SeeYou Mobile software platform. But if you also need it to be your electronic/audio vario, then the Oudie isn't the device you want.

- John OHM Ω

---------------------------------
*Is it pronounced "Oh-Dee" as in Over-Development? Similar to another Naviter play on words product SeeYou as in CU standing for cumulus, the cloud we love to love.