AeroBid - Online Aviation Auction

Old April 3rd 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default AeroBid - Online Aviation Auction

Niche auction for aviation...they just went live... Can it compete
with eBay? Your
thoughts?

http://www.aerobid.net

Old April 4th 07, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Natalie

wrote:
Niche auction for aviation...they just went live... Can it compete
with eBay? Your
thoughts?

http://www.aerobid.net

Probably not unless they actually get some auctions.

What hand did you have in the creation of the site, Sasa?
Old April 4th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Apr 4, 6:47 am, Ron Natalie wrote:
wrote:
Niche auction for aviation...they just went live... Can it compete
with eBay? Your
thoughts?

http://www.aerobid.net

Probably not unless they actually get some auctions.

What hand did you have in the creation of the site, Sasa?

None, just curious... I am a big supporter of niche auctions. I am
also a pilot and love attending real life airplane auctions. I have
been disappointed for many years that nothing along the lines of a
specialized online aviation auction has been established on the web.
In sharp contrast classifieds in this area do great. Look at Trade-a-
Plane - 70 years in existance... When I came across AeroBid I wanted
to see what others thought of it. The idea sounds promising and is
the concept I have hoped would show up all these years. Personally, I
plan on listing a few aviation related items that have been collecting
dust at my house. Only time will tell if this idea will catch on. I
hope that it does. I am looking to buy a Cessna 172 and I only can
find a dozen choices on eBay. I would love to see 100's of Cessnas
172 up for auction. Parts too... Choice is what I consider consumer
freedom...

Old April 4th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

wrote:

What hand did you have in the creation of the site, Sasa?

None, just curious... I am a big supporter of niche auctions.

Yeah, right.

I am
also a pilot and love attending real life airplane auctions.

I've been to airplane auctions, what's the fascination?

I have
been disappointed for many years that nothing along the lines of a
specialized online aviation auction has been established on the web.

Tried and failed.

In sharp contrast classifieds in this area do great. Look at Trade-a-
Plane - 70 years in existance...

But what really sells the hot planes today is their web site, by the
time you get the paper version the good planes are gone.

When I came across AeroBid I wanted
to see what others thought of it. The idea sounds promising and is
the concept I have hoped would show up all these years.

Tried and failed.

Personally, I
plan on listing a few aviation related items that have been collecting
dust at my house. Only time will tell if this idea will catch on. I
hope that it does. I am looking to buy a Cessna 172 and I only can
find a dozen choices on eBay.

ebay is a poor place to look for a plane. When I was selling my 182 I
put it on ebay, not because I thought it might sell but simply to get
people to see it. Nobody with three brain cells buys a plane without
looking at it. I had about 2000 different people look at the auction.
It sold because of the ad in Barnstormers. An auction site is primarily
good for the nuts and bolts of aircraft. I have bought a lot of things
off ebay for my planes.

Old April 4th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

Newps wrote:

It sold because of the ad in Barnstormers.

Sold 3 planes there, they have an auction section too...
Old April 4th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Darrel Toepfer wrote:

Newps wrote:

It sold because of the ad in Barnstormers.

Sold 3 planes there, they have an auction section too...

Which proves the point. I didn't know that. Although now that I look
at their site I can't find it.
Old April 5th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Apr 4, 10:27 am, Newps wrote:
Darrel Toepfer wrote:
Newps wrote:

It sold because of the ad in Barnstormers.

Sold 3 planes there, they have anauctionsection too...

Which proves the point. I didn't know that. Although now that I look
at their site I can't find it.

Never heard of Barnstormers...

Old April 5th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

Newps wrote:
Darrel Toepfer wrote:

Newps wrote:

It sold because of the ad in Barnstormers.

Sold 3 planes there, they have an auction section too...

Which proves the point. I didn't know that. Although now that I look
at their site I can't find it.

You have to select AUCTION when creating the ad I believe...

I only saw a few in the past few years, perhaps the mistress has removed
that? Maybe not:

http://www.barnstormers.com/ad_manag....php?ID=160622
http://www.barnstormers.com/ad_manag....php?ID=160428
http://www.barnstormers.com/ad_manag....php?ID=159381
http://www.barnstormers.com/ad_manag....php?ID=157024
http://www.barnstormers.com/ad_manag....php?ID=156793
http://www.barnstormers.com/ad_manag....php?ID=156511
http://www.barnstormers.com/ad_manag....php?ID=154662
Old April 5th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Darrel Toepfer wrote:

Newps wrote:

Darrel Toepfer wrote:

Newps wrote:

It sold because of the ad in Barnstormers.

Sold 3 planes there, they have an auction section too...

Which proves the point. I didn't know that. Although now that I look
at their site I can't find it.

You have to select AUCTION when creating the ad I believe...

I only saw a few in the past few years, perhaps the mistress has removed
that? Maybe not:

But what good does it do to select auction when creating your ad if the
average looker can't find the auction when he surfs by?
Old April 5th 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

Newps wrote:

But what good does it do to select auction when creating your ad if
the average looker can't find the auction when he surfs by?

The ads show in the normal fashion (they're in the search functions and
type listings), just has "auction" in it...