FS2004 Compatibility with Previous Versions?

Old July 4th 03, 08:28 AM
Peter Greenstein

Default FS2004 Compatibility with Previous Versions?

Has this been asked already?

Does anybody have any idea whether FS2002 Aircraft, Panels, and Scenery will
work in FS2004?

--
peter in oakland,ca
www.wakefieldjazz.com

Old July 4th 03, 11:04 AM
Sindar - MS-MVP

Hi Peter,

Most FS2002 sceneries can be used in FS2004. Also most of the FS2002
aircraft using default instrument panels won't
cause any problems, either. However, aircraft using customised panels and/or
gauges need to be upgraded.

Sindar
MS-MVP

Old July 4th 03, 02:15 PM
Bill

"Sindar - MS-MVP" wrote in message
Hi Peter,

Most FS2002 sceneries can be used in FS2004. Also most of the FS2002
aircraft using default instrument panels won't
cause any problems, either. However, aircraft using customised panels

and/or
gauges need to be upgraded.

Sindar
MS-MVP

"Peter Greenstein" wrote in message
Has this been asked already?

Does anybody have any idea whether FS2002 Aircraft, Panels, and Scenery

will
work in FS2004?

--
peter in oakland,ca
www.wakefieldjazz.com

Sindar
Along the same lines will FS2004 install on top of 2002 or will it be a
fresh install in a new folder? Also does MS recommend either way?

Thanks
Bill

Old July 4th 03, 03:17 PM
Sindar - MS-MVP

Bill,

FS2004 will be a fresh install in a new folder. You will also find that the
folder "structure" has
been changed somewhat.
You can, however, if so desired, use both FS2002 and FS2004 as well as
sharing sceneries between them.

Sindar
MS-MVP

. ..

Old July 4th 03, 09:20 PM
Angus Lepper

Aircraft as long as they are true GMAX aircraft, will work in FS2002.

--
Error 401: Access Denied.
Server Reply: It is a paranoid user error.

'He who seeks happiness through security
is always seeking'

Me, 2003
"Bill" wrote in message
Sindar,

Thanks. That's great news. It will make for a smoother transition.

Regards

Bill

"Sindar - MS-MVP" wrote in message
Bill,

FS2004 will be a fresh install in a new folder. You will also find that

the
folder "structure" has
been changed somewhat.
You can, however, if so desired, use both FS2002 and FS2004 as well as
sharing sceneries between them.

Sindar
MS-MVP

. ..

Old July 5th 03, 05:30 PM
Jack Walsh

Great question. I, like most of you, am an avid downloader. But I've
recently wondered whether it is worth the trouble, if the stuff I now
download won't work in 2004. The answers given by you all here help.
Although if only gmax models work in 2004, it will take some work to weed
out which are gmax and which are not, for me.

Some related questions. Will other things work, too? For example, will
flight plans work? TrafficTools? How about fsuipc.dll? I've heard that
fsnavigator is being worked on so that it will be compatible in a free
upgrade. How about Lago scenery? afcad?

I'm really looking forward to trying out fs2004 and am hoping for the easy
transition that you seem generally to expect.

Thanks for all the info,

Jack

Old July 5th 03, 09:17 PM
Sindar - MS-MVP

Hi Jack,

Flightplans (FS200x ones) work fine in FS2004, fsuipc will be redone by Pete
Dowson to work with
FS2004, FSNavigator is being overhauled as we speak I understand. As said in
a previous message most
of the FS2002 sceneries work just great with FS2004.

Sindar
MS-MVP