Whatever happened to ?

Old May 24th 04, 05:36 AM
John Keeney

"Anne" wrote in message
Can you tell what ever happened to nice americans?

Somebody came along and killed off a bunch of them
then some other assholes from such places as Europe
and New Zealand (such as yourself) behaved stupidly
as ****ed the rest of us off.

From: Anne
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
Subject: Whatever happened to ?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 14:29:16 +1000

On asia news tv lately is many bad americans killing many people in
middle east. This saddens me.

I remeber some time with good americans they were fun and easy.

Whatever happened to nice americans? What went wrong?

Me thank you

Anne

Old May 24th 04, 06:26 AM
Krztalizer

Well, you see, sometimes we get attacked by people and our tradition is to

get
damned unfriendly with those that did it, ...

Were any of those people from Iraq? Hint: no

Genius, if you hadn't edited my sentence, you'd have seen the reference to
"...and anyone vaguely resembling..." So, did the people that attacked us look
anything at all like natives of Iraq?

Hint: yes.

Old May 24th 04, 10:16 AM
Keith Willshaw

"The Enlightenment" wrote in message

Well, there would have to be a doubt in the minds of most people in
regards to that.

However there is no doubt that they (the neo-cons and by implication
one of the Israeli services I'm thingking of the Niger Uranium
forgeries)

The Nigerian Uranium stories came from British source not
American.

Keith

Old May 24th 04, 12:47 PM
George Z. Bush

Krztalizer wrote:
Well, you see, sometimes we get attacked by people and our tradition is to
get damned unfriendly with those that did it, ...

Were any of those people from Iraq? Hint: no

Genius, if you hadn't edited my sentence, you'd have seen the reference to
"...and anyone vaguely resembling..." So, did the people that attacked us
look anything at all like natives of Iraq?

Hint: yes.

If that's the case, why didn't we attack the people from Syria, or Lebanon, or
Jordan, or Saudi Arabia, or Egypt, or Lybia? They all look alike, don't they,
or can you tell one from another? Since when do Americans go to war with
someone because they look like somebody who did something nasty to us? When did
we become so stupid?

George Z.

Old May 24th 04, 05:59 PM
Matt Wiser

"Keith Willshaw" wrote:

"Anne" wrote in message
Can you tell what ever happened to nice americans?

Some Islamic extremists killed large numbers
of them and
did billions of dollars worth of damage. This
understandably
ticked them off somewhat.

Keith

Thanks, Keith. I'm a nice American who is VERY ANGRY at OBL and his ilk,
Saddam Insane and his ilk, and anyone here or in other countries who would
apologize for them. All we need to do is make membership in Al-Queda and
its affiliates very life threatening to the members and find OBL and his
top henchmen and kill them without mercy. They gave no mercy to airline passengers
or the occupants of the buildings on 9-11, so why should any quarter be given
to them. The favors they gave on 9-11 will be returned. And Bin Laden will
either take a perp walk or be carried away-in a body bag. (Ditto for his
top lieutenants like Ayman Al-Zwahari and Abu Musab Al-Zarquari.)Sooner or
later someone will drop a dime on them and will walk away with a LOT of money.
Whether or not those they informed on will ever walk again is another matter.....

Old May 24th 04, 06:44 PM
Krztalizer

If that's the case, why didn't we attack the people from Syria, or Lebanon,
or
Jordan, or Saudi Arabia, or Egypt, or Lybia?

Because our leadership is just smart enough not to. Not that they wouldn't
/want/ to, they just know that they'd have the US population up in arms if they
went that far off the deep end.

Since when do Americans go to war with
someone because they look like somebody who did something nasty to us?

How many Afganis attacked us before we deployed B-52s? Granted, its a cesspool
over there, but it wasn't 'our' cesspool, nor did people from Afganistan take
part in the 9/11 attacks. If we struck back at only the groups that nailed us,
Saudi Arabia would be under new management right now. So instead, we went
after a country filled with people who looked quite a bit like the folks that
zapped us, after claiming they were a genuine, immediate threat to our internal
safety.

When did
we become so stupid?

Sometime around when we sent bombers to drop on downtown Belgrade.
Old May 24th 04, 07:29 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Krztalizer" wrote in message

snip

How many Afganis attacked us before we deployed B-52s? Granted, its a

cesspool
over there, but it wasn't 'our' cesspool, nor did people from Afganistan

take
part in the 9/11 attacks.

No, their government just provided the support and infrastructure that
allowed the organization that did conduct those attacks to operate openly,
along with providing training grounds for some of those very same terrorists
who did do the attack to hone their skills. They also apprently provided
security for that same group. When confronted and the demand to hand over
those same organizational leaders was issued, along with the requirement to
dismantle the training camps, they said, "Fuhgetaboutit." Not a wise move.

If we struck back at only the groups that nailed us,
Saudi Arabia would be under new management right now.

Eh? You are accusing King Fahd of having "nailed us"?

So instead, we went
after a country filled with people who looked quite a bit like the folks

that
zapped us, after claiming they were a genuine, immediate threat to our

internal
safety.

Gee, it is interesting how easly you forget/discount the fact that "the
folks that(sic) zapped us" were then resident in same said country, and were
continuing to train and operate from same said country, with same said
country's rather open support. Kind of changes the equation a bit, eh?

When did
we become so stupid?

Sometime around when we sent bombers to drop on downtown Belgrade.

Uhmmm..? And the connection is...?

Brooks

Old May 24th 04, 07:46 PM
Krztalizer

When did
we become so stupid?

Sometime around when we sent bombers to drop on downtown Belgrade.

Uhmmm..? And the connection is...?

The only connection is that neither the citizens of Belgrade nor the citizens
of Afganistan attacked us, but that didn't stop our government from dropping
bombs on population centers. Think about what sort of psychological damage it
does to kids and non-combatants when the "greatest nation on earth" comes and
terrorizes you and everyone you know by blowing up familiar landmarks in your
home town, often after the targeted thugs have quit those buildings after
realizing that CNN was spending a lot of time pointing cameras at them.

I understand we need to go after terrorists, but apparently we aren't
allowed/inclined to go after them if they reside in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia
and are on the government payroll. Are we safer or not, since we attacked
Iraq? Why was it Priority #1 to find and punish Bin Laden in the hours after
9/11, yet our president later announced, "..don't know if we're going to find
him or not"? Are we safer or not, since Pakistan granted full immunity and
awarded saint status to the prick that sold nuclear technology to practically
everyone with a fist full of money? This whole affair is being handled poorly
and in the process, the reputation of my country has gone right down the
toilent in nearly every other nation.

Gordon
Old May 24th 04, 08:10 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Krztalizer" wrote in message
When did
we become so stupid?

Sometime around when we sent bombers to drop on downtown Belgrade.

Uhmmm..? And the connection is...?

The only connection is that neither the citizens of Belgrade nor the

citizens
of Afganistan attacked us, but that didn't stop our government from

dropping
bombs on population centers.

For cryin' out loud, stop being so danged facile about this--the Taliban
supported AQ, provided them refuge and training grounds, guaranteed their
security, etc. Stop acting as if Afghnistan had nothing to do with 9-11. And
get off your freakin' high horse about bombing "population centers"; the
strikes we have conducted have utilyzed every possible means to reduce
collateral damage and focus on hitting legitimate targets. Those that have
been injured due to collateral damage should instead be considering what
they *did not* do, or what they *did*, to incur the attacks in the first
place. As to Belgrade, there were a few hundred thousand Kosovars who might
disagree with you in regards to whether there was any cause for attacking
Belgrade.

Think about what sort of psychological damage it
does to kids and non-combatants when the "greatest nation on earth" comes

and
terrorizes you and everyone you know by blowing up familiar landmarks in

your
home town, often after the targeted thugs have quit those buildings after
realizing that CNN was spending a lot of time pointing cameras at them.

So you say.

I understand we need to go after terrorists,

I doubt that, because apparently you can't seem to grasp the necessity of
going into Afghanistan, which is where the freakin' terrorists happened TO
BE at the time, courtesy of a friendly (to them) Taliban government.

but apparently we aren't
allowed/inclined to go after them if they reside in Pakistan or Saudi

Arabia
and are on the government payroll. Are we safer or not, since we attacked
Iraq? Why was it Priority #1 to find and punish Bin Laden in the hours

after
9/11, yet our president later announced, "..don't know if we're going to

find
him or not"? Are we safer or not, since Pakistan granted full immunity

and
awarded saint status to the prick that sold nuclear technology to

practically
everyone with a fist full of money? This whole affair is being handled

poorly
and in the process, the reputation of my country has gone right down the
toilent in nearly every other nation.

In your own mind, sadly. Along with your reputation in my mind, also sadly,
I might add. Different means to handle different threats, and levels of
threat. Had the Taliban leadership exhibited the same degree of cooperation
that the Pakistanis have demonstrated thus far, things might very well have
turned out quite differently in Afghanistan--they were given the choice,
they chose wrong. Oops. The Saudis have been the TARGET of that same
terrorist organization that you claim to "understand we need to go after",
if you had not noticed.

Brooks

Gordon