$98 per barrel oil

Old November 13th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default $98 per barrel oil

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote in news:Ph7_i.1755
:

"Wolfgang Schwanke" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote in
ups.com:

Or did you think that the money to build your nice welfare state
simply grew on trees?

It comes from our national economies.

Which are based on...what?

Well, building decent cars instead of Chevvies, for one thing.

Bertie
Old November 13th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote in news:Ph7_i.1755
:

"Wolfgang Schwanke" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote in
ups.com:

Or did you think that the money to build your nice welfare state
simply grew on trees?

It comes from our national economies.

Which are based on...what?

Oh yes, and inforamtion and education.

Bertie
Old November 13th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Jay Honeck wrote in news:1194912061.223814.323630
@v2g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Bollox. If it were true they'd have collapsed in 1990.

Not having to spend money on self-defense is a wonderful thing,
but don't count on it lasting for too many more "generations"

You may not be aware of this, but the European countries do have their
own military and they pay for it themselves. Did you also know that the
costs of the American military in West Berlin (where I live) was payed
by the West German government?

Horse hockey. Take a look at the percentage of GDP that went into
military spending from 1950 - 1999, United States versus Europe. The
US carried Europe through the 20th century (when we weren't beating
the crap out of you), all the way throught the Cold War, and we're now
carrying you into this new, even more dangerous War on Terror.
--

It's like a grand canyon of stupidity. Wow.

Bertie
Old November 13th 07, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

"John Godwin" wrote in message
"Matt W. Barrow" wrote in
:

FYI, the US ceased being an "Occupier" in the early 1950's, long
before you got there.

FYI, you're wrong. I was awarded the Army Occupation Medal. Berlin
was still an occupied city long after I served there.

Quite...but Berlin was not "Germany" at the time.

Old November 13th 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Godwin[_2_]

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote in news:E3a_i.2779
:

Quite...but Berlin was not "Germany" at the time.

Neither you nor I said it was. I simply disagreed when you said occupation
ended in the 1950s and I stated that occupation continued long after I left
Berlin. The West German Government continued to fund sustaining allied
troops in Berlin even after occupation of West Germany ceased.

All four powers jointly coordinated air, rail, and autobahn routes from
West Germany to West Berlin. In addition, each took turns guarding Spandau
Prison (Rudolph Hess was the only prisoner when I was there).

Old November 13th 07, 09:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Jay,

You'd be speaking Russian, but I guess that's a small price to pay,
eh?

What Bertie says. The amount of ignorance you display so loudly and
proudly is stunning.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 13th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
news.verizon.net[_2_]

Wolfgang;
Can you email me offline please. I tried to reply to your address but it
was rejected. My email just needs FLY removed.

John
"Wolfgang Schwanke" wrote in message
"news.verizon.net" wrote in

Do you have any cite for this?

http://www.bundesarchiv.de/foxpublic...ittelinfo.html

This is a document detailing German regulations on those costs.

Nothing I can find nor anything I've
heard of before supports this. ( That West Germany paid for US
Military )

My claim is only about Allied troops in West Berlin until 1994,
and in West Germany until 1955. I don't know who paid for it
after 1955.

John

"Wolfgang Schwanke" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote in
news:1194886120.503835.134330@ 57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

They started building their welfare system in the late 19th/early
20th century. At that time they were still comparatively poor as
their economies were mostly agricultural. They got rich after WW2,
and used that money to massively expand their welfare systems. The
expansion stopped with the recessions in the 1990s and 2000s, so
did the tax rises. Their budgets are now at equilibrium, and the
economy is going strong once again.

The Western European welfare economies could only exist because they
lived under the umbrella of America's protection from the Soviet
Union.

Bollox. If it were true they'd have collapsed in 1990.

Not having to spend money on self-defense is a wonderful thing,
but don't count on it lasting for too many more "generations"

You may not be aware of this, but the European countries do have
their own military and they pay for it themselves. Did you also know
that the costs of the American military in West Berlin (where I live)
was payed by the West German government?

Regards

--
AFN from USA, BFBS UK OK

http://www.wschwanke.de/ usenet_20031215 (AT) wschwanke
(DOT) de

--
Mehrere Billionen Trillionen Tonnen superheißer explodierender
Wasserstoff-

Old November 13th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:

I have no access to such statistics, could you please provide sources.
Whatever the figures might be, they wouldn't refute any of what I said
above.

You do now. http://www.gao.gov/archive/1999/ns99185.pdf page 10

Also Wolfgang. I hear that the French transport union is about to strike. I
guess that moment was short.

Old November 13th 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

You'd be speaking Russian, but I guess that's a small price to pay,
eh?

What Bertie says. The amount of ignorance you display so loudly and
proudly is stunning.

You know you're in good company when you're standing four-square with
the group's Troll of Trolls, Thomas. Juxtaposition is everything --
great job!

The 13 million American men and women who fought to save your sorry
asses in World War II -- including my father -- must be rolling in
their graves. What an incredible waste of time, lives, money, and
effort.

Another generation of American men and women who paid billions of
their tax dollars to rebuild Europe after World War II, and then
sacrificed their blood and treasure to fight the Cold War for another
generation, must surely be thinking the same thing -- why did we
bother?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 13th 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

The West German government paid for ALL of the occupation costs in West
Berlin of the US, UK and France.

Wrong.
--
Jay Honeck