VOR tests

Old August 19th 03, 09:31 AM
Hilton

Default VOR tests

jeff wrote:
I need an answer for tomorrow morning.
how often is the VOR test done for instrument flying?

Quoting from the FARs- hint

Sec. 91.171 VOR equipment check for IFR operations.

(a) No person may operate a civil aircraft under IFR using the VOR
system
of radio navigation unless the VOR equipment of that aircraft--
(1) Is maintained, checked, and inspected under an approved procedure;
or
(2) Has been operationally checked within the preceding 30 days, and was
found to be within the limits of the permissible indicated bearing error
set
forth in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section.

Hilton

Old August 19th 03, 06:20 PM
Marty Ross

Wow - why be so judgemental, man? Do you really know what this guy's
"endeavor" is, or what resources he may or may not have available to
him/her?

I think he found the right place to ask such a question, though as was done
in the first reply, I think he should be pointed to the source in addition
to being given the answer (e.g., "teach a man to fish", etc.).

Peace

wrote in message ...

jeff wrote:

I need an answer for tomorrow morning.
how often is the VOR test done for instrument flying?

If you have to come to this newsgroup for a basic, obvious question like
that, you should take a hard look in the mirror and question whether you
are persuing the right endeavor.

Old August 19th 03, 11:38 PM
jeff

thanks, I found it late last night after I posted this, I knoew what it was but
the examiner told me to look it up anyways, But I passed my check ride this
morning so now I am happy.

Old August 19th 03, 11:40 PM
jeff

your probably one of those morans who goes the opposite way of everyone else
in the traffic pattern huh.

It was a question, if you dont know just dont say anything, dont act like
you do and be an asshle.

Old August 20th 03, 12:23 AM
John Harper

Wow, we're really privileged to have this idiot^H^H^H^H^H person active
in our group.

Anyone know how to pronounce "asshle"? Or what a moran is? Something to
do with glaciers maybe?

I hope he treats ATC the same way, should be fun to be on the same freq
some time.

"Hey asshle [however you pronounce it], 12345 somewhere near some VOR
or other, gimme vectors to where I'm going, and quick".

John ( :-) )

Old August 20th 03, 09:04 AM

jeff wrote:

and you know this as fact dont you.
did you know there is a possibility that your assumptions could be wrong. maybe
after 40 years its time to retire and look for another job, you know it was an
old pilot here who parked a airplane in the ditch because he couldnt follow the
little lights on the runway. Judgemental yes I am, when your that old hang it up.
its old bold pilots like you who also cause accidents

There aren't very many old, bold pilots.