Pitts Special - info and photo's required.

Old July 22nd 03, 01:51 PM
Darryl Gibbs

Default Pitts Special - info and photo's required.

Hi everyone.

Are there many Pitts Special owners or pilots here? I am chasing after
information about various Pitts Specials and also photographs of as many of
these aircraft as I can get to add to the Pitts Special page in the CNAPG
web site.

Can anyone help out?

information can be posted here or direct to me at or
photographs can be sent to me at

Can you please include your name so that I can give you credit for the
photographs and also give credit for your assistance with the site.

The page address is:

http://www.cnapg.com/pittsspecial.htm

I am also open to suggestions for any other aircraft types that people might
like to see eventualy included in the history listings.

Thanks.

Darryl Gibbs.

Old August 5th 03, 08:05 PM
Guenther Eichhorn

Hi,

I have a website with lots of Pitts pictures at:
http://acro.harvard.edu/ACRO
in the section "Aerobatics Images"

You may link to the pictures, but please don't put them on your website, many of them don't
belong to me.

BTW, you have my name misspelled on your website. It should be Guenther Eichhorn.

I bought serial number 2033 (a Pitts S-2A) in 1988 as N1SM. In 1991 I changed the N-number
to N1GE.

BTW2, you can directly link N-numbers to the FAA data through links like this:
http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi$pass*1!_h-www.landings.com/v8/cgi-bin/nph-search_nnr?nnumber=1GE

Australian registered planes (VH-) can be linked to through:
http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi$pass*1!_h-www.landings.com/v8/cgi-bin/nph-search_anr?nnumber=KJG

UK registered planes (G-) can be linked to through:
http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi$pass*1!_h-www.landings.com/v8/cgi-bin/nph-search_gnr?nnumber=WREN

There are several other registration databases on Landings. Links can be constructed
similarly for the others.

Guenther Eichhorn
Guenther Eichhorn |
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, Cambridge, MA
CPL,ASMELS,Glider,LBH,IA,CFI | Pitts S-2A: N1GE
DC-3 type rating | Flying is the Pitts
See:
http://acro.harvard.edu/ACRO
and: http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING

In article ,
"Darryl Gibbs" writes:
Hi everyone.

Are there many Pitts Special owners or pilots here? I am chasing after
information about various Pitts Specials and also photographs of as many of
these aircraft as I can get to add to the Pitts Special page in the CNAPG
web site.

Can anyone help out?

information can be posted here or direct to me at or
photographs can be sent to me at

Can you please include your name so that I can give you credit for the
photographs and also give credit for your assistance with the site.

The page address is:

http://www.cnapg.com/pittsspecial.htm

I am also open to suggestions for any other aircraft types that people might
like to see eventualy included in the history listings.

Thanks.

Darryl Gibbs.

Dr. Guenther Eichhorn |
ADS Project Scientist | Phone: 617-495-7260
http://ads.harvard.edu | Fax: 617-496-7577
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory
60 Garden Street, MS-83, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA