Stuck ident

Old September 7th 09, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel[_6_]

Default Stuck ident

Any thoughts wrt why a KT76 would appear to have a
stuck ident after about one hour of flying?
On Saturday and today, each time after about one hour
of flying, ATC complained that my transponder appeared
to have a stuck ident.

Thanks
Bob
Old September 10th 09, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Sep 7, 2:14*pm, Bob Noel wrote:
Any thoughts wrt why a KT76 would appear to have a
stuck ident after about one hour of flying? *
On Saturday and today, each time after about one hour
of flying, ATC complained that my transponder appeared
to have a stuck ident.

Thanks
Bob

Take it to an avionics shop. Over many years of aircraft ownership
I've been known to open up a com radio or a VOR head and do some owner
maintenance but I have never found anything in a transponder to be
within the grasp of someone who is not trained in such maintenance.

-Robert
Old September 13th 09, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Brian Whatcott

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Sep 7, 2:14 pm, Bob Noel wrote:
Any thoughts wrt why a KT76 would appear to have a
stuck ident after about one hour of flying?
On Saturday and today, each time after about one hour
of flying, ATC complained that my transponder appeared
to have a stuck ident.

Thanks
Bob

Take it to an avionics shop. Over many years of aircraft ownership
I've been known to open up a com radio or a VOR head and do some owner
maintenance but I have never found anything in a transponder to be
within the grasp of someone who is not trained in such maintenance.

-Robert

That sounds like a smart response.
Who is going to be able to trace the intermittent solid-state path of
the squawk Ident switch??

Brian W
Old September 13th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel[_2_]

brian whatcott wrote:
Take it to an avionics shop. Over many years of aircraft ownership
I've been known to open up a com radio or a VOR head and do some owner
maintenance but I have never found anything in a transponder to be
within the grasp of someone who is not trained in such maintenance.

-Robert

That sounds like a smart response.
Who is going to be able to trace the intermittent solid-state path of
the squawk Ident switch??

My A&P is shipping the KT76 to a place in Texas for repair.

I don't expect it back in the aircraft for a couple of weeks.

Old September 14th 09, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
klp

Check the installation for cooling problems.

Stuck Canopy David Hartung Aviation Photos 2 June 21st 07 05:08 AM
Stuck Collective Linc Rotorcraft 4 November 27th 06 07:07 PM
New Airport Ident (and I don't believe it) Montblack Piloting 0 April 13th 06 02:19 AM
Stuck Mike Jay Honeck Piloting 34 October 20th 04 04:32 AM
Ever stuck your neck out too far? And got away with it? pacplyer Home Built 26 January 2nd 04 05:04 AM