My Approach and Landing Files

Old March 21st 05, 06:43 AM
A Lieberman

Default My Approach and Landing Files

If anybody is interested, I have shared out a folder on my computer to
access some approaches and landings I have done in the past 2 months. All
files are in .avi format. The larger files are shot in high resolution, so
it does look real nice in full screen in Windows media.

You will need a program called Hamachi, which you can get at
http://www.hamachi.cc/ to access my computer.

After you install the program, you want to join an existing Network.

Network name is Allen
Password is Allen

Files are as follows:

Crossing midfield at MBO 5.1 meg
Total time 27 seconds

First ILS approach into HKS Instrument view, outside view at DH, missed
approach 85.3 meg
Total time 4.36 minutes

Second ILS approach into HKS Instrument view, outside view at DH, missed
approach 82.6 meg
Total time 4.26 minutes

ILS 34L JAN Outside and instrument view, touch and go 7.2 meg (lower
resolution)
1.32 minutes

Slip to a Full stall VFR landing with 4 passengers MBO Outside view 21.4
meg
Total time 1.59 minutes

VFR Night landing at MBO - 7 knot crosswind component landing 16.3 meg
(Lower resolution)
Total time 1.40 minutes

IFR departure 35 MBO - Outside view climb through broken cloud deck to VMC
on top - cloud bases 1700, tops 2500 - 21.6 meg (lower resolution).
Total time 3.55 minutes.

On the HKS ILS approaches, if you listen carefully, you can hear me talk
out the approaches. (T's and C's) and talk to ATC. I warned my passengers,
that I would be doing this (talking to myself) *smile*

Hope somebody enjoys them as much as I did flying them.

Note, I may have to turn my computer off for a period tomorrow night as
tornado outbreak is being forecasted for the deep south, so if I show
offline, it's because of the severe weather event. I will bring my
computer back up as soon as the weather passes, providing I don't get blown
to Kansas.

Allen
Old March 21st 05, 11:23 PM
jsmith

Is there a MacIntosh version?

Old March 22nd 05, 01:57 AM
Chip Hermes

One of these days, someone will invent a universal file transfer
protocol and we'll be able to share data and files over a mesh of
connected local area networks regardless of where you are in the world
or what kind of computer you're using. It will be fantastic.

Old March 22nd 05, 02:04 AM
A Lieberman

On 21 Mar 2005 16:57:56 -0800, Chip Hermes wrote:

One of these days, someone will invent a universal file transfer
protocol and we'll be able to share data and files over a mesh of
connected local area networks regardless of where you are in the world
or what kind of computer you're using. It will be fantastic.

Chip,

FTP programs bridge the gap between Macs and Windows.

The problem is I am unable to figure out this modem setup to setup my
computer as a FTP server. I

can't get my IP address on the modem to be seen publicly for some reason.

Allen
Old March 22nd 05, 04:17 AM
A Lieberman

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:06:37 -0500, Tom Fleischman wrote:

What kind of modem/connection are you using?

Hi Tom,

Bellsouth DSL is my service. I believe the modem is a "Westell".

Modem Name WireSpeed Dual Connect
Model B90-610030-06

IP data is as follows:

IP Address 65.5.215.68
IP Gateway 68.216.200.149 Internally generated
Primary DNS 205.152.132.235
ns.msy.bellsouth.net
Secondary DNS 205.152.37.254
ns.asm.bellsouth.net

I have disabled the Hamanchi for now.

I installed a FTP server program that I found at
http://www.gold-software.com/download7083.html

Based on this program, you should be able to reach my shared folder at
ftp://65.5.215.68/SharedFiles/. I can access it locally when I click on
the link, but I don't think it will happen on your end.

With some hope, somebody can lead me down the right road. I used to have a
USB DSL modem, and had no problem, but this modem creates a local area
connection.

Since we are getting a little off topic, email me at
a t l i e b @bellsouth.net (no spaces in the front part), if you have
additional suggestions.

Allen
Old March 22nd 05, 05:38 AM
Blanche

In article .com,
Chip Hermes wrote:
One of these days, someone will invent a universal file transfer
protocol and we'll be able to share data and files over a mesh of
connected local area networks regardless of where you are in the world
or what kind of computer you're using. It will be fantastic.

PDF or XML or JPG...

or even plain text!

Old March 22nd 05, 01:31 PM
John T

"A Lieberman" wrote in message

One of these days, someone will invent a universal file transfer
protocol and we'll be able to share data and files over a mesh of
connected local area networks regardless of where you are in the
world or what kind of computer you're using. It will be fantastic.

FTP programs bridge the gap between Macs and Windows.

I think Chip was describing the Internet.

Look into dynamic DNS services for providing services from your dial-up (or
DSL, cable modem or other non-static IP) account. You register a domain
name and sign up with a DDNS provider (like www.dns2go.com or
www.dyndns.org) to publish your current IP address to the Internet. You'd
end up publishing a link to something like:
http://alieberman.net/flightvideos

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old March 22nd 05, 01:47 PM

It is so much easier to upload the files to the HTML section of a web host,
then folks can download the files simply using a browser.

I have several of these at 24-7 Hosting for $20 a year. 1 gigabyte.

Old March 22nd 05, 02:25 PM
Dave Butler

A Lieberman wrote:

The problem is I am unable to figure out this modem setup to setup my
computer as a FTP server. I

can't get my IP address on the modem to be seen publicly for some reason.

Dynamic DNS from http://www.dyndns.org. If your ISP changes your IP address, you
can set it up so that your DNS goes to the new IP automatically. There may be
issues if your ISP doesn't want you running a server, but if you keep the
traffic levels low it shouldn't be a problem for them.

DGB