Zink vs Lowlands Cup

Old December 12th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

Default Zink vs Lowlands Cup

What happened?

Ian

Old December 14th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Adriaan

I don't know Ian, but I do know the man is still very angry. He told
met indirectly to **** off when I asked him some questions about it in
reply on the promotion e-mail for his calendar and his work. In the
mail he said it was free to use his pictures for non-profit websites of
clubs and private persons, if a link to his site was placed. So I asked
him why he is sewing the Lowlands Cup team for more than 1000 euro's,
as they could have used his photograps for free If they had only asked.
He says they didn't ask, and they say they did but he didn't respond
because they asked it in English instead of german, and from my own
experience I know the man just throws away al non german emails.......
Another problem is that they found the picture via google, without any
copyright marks.

Ian schreef:

What happened?

Ian

Old December 15th 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

Adriaan wrote:
I don't know Ian, but I do know the man is still very angry.
Ian schreef:

What happened?

I notice that the Lowlands Cup website simply redirects to the Condor
one - is this a good sign or a bad one, do you think?

Ian

Old December 15th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

That's just because there is no LLC 2007, one of the organisers isn't
available (it's rather unclear, though not related to Zink presumably).

Some other enthousiasts have setup another race with the LLC-formula @
http://www.speedbattle-cup.com/ (they are also the ones that gave the
LLC their webdomain, and have since redirected it to the Condor-site)