Line in on Terra audio panel

Old April 1st 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dico

Default Line in on Terra audio panel

Hello,

I'm going to our avionics shop to have some "noise" hopefull removed
from our Garmin 430 com. While there I'd like them to run a line-in
to our Terra audio panel... just so I can plug a ipod or something
into it while flying longer legs. This, to me, doesn't seem like a
big job. I can set it into the panel when i get home, but just would
like the "piggy tail" connected to the Terra. Does this sound like a
big job? Just curious as to how long this may take.

Thanks,

Dico

Old April 2nd 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
150flivver

On Mar 31, 9:35 pm, "Dico" wrote:
Hello,

I'm going to our avionics shop to have some "noise" hopefull removed
from our Garmin 430 com. While there I'd like them to run a line-in
to our Terra audio panel... just so I can plug a ipod or something
into it while flying longer legs. This, to me, doesn't seem like a
big job. I can set it into the panel when i get home, but just would
like the "piggy tail" connected to the Terra. Does this sound like a
big job? Just curious as to how long this may take.

Thanks,

Dico

When I had my Terra audio panel (350D) installed, I had asked for a
similar setup. The avionics shop didn't do it because the impedance
of the auxiliary line-in was not the correct one for connecting to a
player/IPOD. I didn't press the issue but I've since heard they
could have added something to the line and matched the required
impedance to make it work.