OSH Sleeping

Old August 4th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

Default OSH Sleeping

"RST Engineering" wrote:

Robert...

Quite frankly we don't give a hairy rat's ass about your experience
about camping in the Sierra. (Sierra IS singular, by the way, look it
up). After 35 years of Oshkosh, camping, dorming, and sleeping in the
airplane, in all that time I've been cold ONCE for ONE night. Lessee
now, that's 35 times seven inverse ... less than one half of one
percent.

PLEASE take your camping experience in the Sierra and stuff it.
Listen to those who have been there for a few dozen years.

And I trump your assistant scoutmaster as a merit badge consultant for
30+ years through the Sacramento Council down by Sac State.

I and my dad, "camped" with Jim and his wife last year at the B&B. The
A/C kept the sleeping compartments quite comfortable. Waiting for use of
the shower was never more than a few minutes either (if any)!!!

I do want to "fly" there at least once though, so maybe next year when
I'll be finished with the restoration...

My neighbor (he owns a BE-55 and a Harley) flew up his friends "55" and
they rented Harley's in Milwaukee. Not sure how much time they spent at
OshGosh, but they put 1000 miles on the bikes. That sounds like a nice
trip...