New low budget two seater

Old June 17th 18, 11:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default New low budget two seater

I've not completely given up on R.A.S. just yet, so I'll ask my question here. Why would this project produce two place trainers that were less expensive than the PW-6 built in Poland? BTW, the PW-6 performance is very close to the ASK21, I assume it would have better performance than the SoarOpenTrainer.

My personal take would be to make a metal or metal and fabric ASK-13ish kit.. Sonex type airframe kits are around 25K Say you could get a two seater high twenties to one, for 30K and easyish to build. Make sure it can take two big pilots. Dunno if it would sell. Composite makes better sailplanes, but I have no interest in working with the stuff, no idea how universal that feeling is.
On the other point. What great days when American newspaper editorials openly advocated for America to invade and take over Canada. Was but a mere 100 years ago. Think of how great that would be for Canada. They'd be Americans so they wouldn't have to feel like a second world country and the world would be rid of that dress wearing son of a commie prime minister.
Old June 17th 18, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 12:11:37 AM UTC-7, Charlie Quebec wrote:
No, it’s Seppos, no surprise you can’t spell though. The reason you don’t have such terms is obvious, think about it.
You go around bombing other countries, 16 since ww2, where it is none of your business.
You create and sponsor terrorism, ISIS is a direct result of the most stupid war ever.

CQ, may we please stop the personal attacks and the attacks against other countries. I have not insulted you nor your country. I merely pointed out that while America does not build gliders, this country has always been at the forefront of aviation, the topic at hand, not geopolitical events, miscalculations and out right disasters. No reason to call a nation with seven of the top ten Universities the world "re....stan".

Charlie Quebec we want you to stay in the news group and your opinions to be read and valued by others. Issuing gratuitous insults is not productive to that ends. As for me not knowing how to spell "seppos" is not a reflection on anything other than I don't care to delve into the world of slang, or slang foreigners use to disparage America and/or Americans.
Old June 17th 18, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

Off-topic, bitter, doubling-down, bile snipped...

While we're waiting for a new low-budget two-seater, is there a 2-33 available
for rent at Bitterwasser? I'd *love* to see how far she could go, there!

Bob W.

---
https://www.avg.com

Old June 17th 18, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Wright[_2_]

Agreed the ASK 13 is an excellent training aircraft which is widely
used in the UK. Sadly major glue failures are occurring in some of
these Schleicher aircraft rendering them beyond economic repair.
Some ASK13’s in the UK have had to be binned (one of my clubs
two met this fate) so if you’re going for a wooden Schleicher
“buyer beware” .

Regards

Mark

t 13:03 14 June 2018, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:
Op donderdag 14 juni 2018 12:26:00 UTC+2 schreef Martin

Gregorie:
On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 00:24:41 -0700, Tom wrote:

This is of interest to me too. Here in the USA there don't

seem to be
many "affordable" options. If you are looking at a glider

under
$30,000

Although little bit off-topic, but yesterday I was looking to

buy this
old bird
http://www.segelflug.de/osclass/index.php?

page=item&id=26202 Yes, I
know
it is older than me, but it fly :-)

then about the only option is the ever-aging fleet of

Schweizer 2-33
gliders,

Thanks, John. Will check this too.

If there are any K-13s in the USA, they'd be worth a look -

there are
still quite a lot being used by UK clubs including Lasham. They

are
better than the K-7 for one main reason: the instructor's view

is quite
restricted in a K-7. Look at that linked photo and/or listen to

those
who've instructed in them. This is not an issue in the K-13.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

I agree with K13's, very easy, good view,... Our club has 2 K13's

for early
training and 2 G103 Twins (2 and 3) for advanced training.

Old June 18th 18, 10:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 12:48:48 PM UTC-6, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
I've just started a Facebook page to discuss and promote the idea of an open-source crowd-sourced two-seat primary trainer certified as SLSA or whatever makes it eligible for commercial ride, instruction, and rental use. I envision something about halfway between the ASK13 and ASK21 in performance and complexity, and designed to fill in for the declining 2-33 population.

I'm not extremely optimistic about this effort, but as one of the few sailplane developers with a vested interest in the future of soaring in the US I thought I'd get the conversation going and see where it leads.

https://www.facebook.com/SoarOpenTrainer

--Bob K.

Bob, would you mind elaborating more about what exactly a "SLSA" is and how it is set up? I'm interested to learn more about this possibility.
Old June 18th 18, 11:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Old June 19th 18, 10:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

On Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 5:17:39 PM UTC+1, BobW wrote:
Off-topic, bitter, doubling-down, bile snipped...

While we're waiting for a new low-budget two-seater, is there a 2-33 available
for rent at Bitterwasser? I'd *love* to see how far she could go, there!

Bob W.

---
https://www.avg.com

I suspect Gollywompers are treated as in invasive species in most countries. I've never seen one outside of the USA or Canada!

Mike
Old June 20th 18, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 6:11:08 PM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
Why would this project produce two place trainers that were less expensive than the PW-6 built in Poland?

Before or after the Trade Wars?
Old June 20th 18, 07:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Old June 20th 18, 11:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andrzop

PW-6 is a glider rather for Chinese, not for Americans ;-)