Mini-500 helicopter Mast Support Program.

Old August 2nd 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dennis Fetters

Default Mini-500 helicopter Mast Support Program.

This is a news announcement for Mini-500 owners.

It is not meant to be a tread for personal comments or attacks. It is to
help people.

As you may know, Revolution Helicopter manufactured the Mini-500 from
1990 to 2000, and then closed their doors forever, putting to rest the
best kit built helicopter there has ever been to date.

The Mini-500, as all new designs, had a few technical problems along the
way. Before closing the factory, Revolution Helicopter sold at their
cost an upgrade package called the Mast Support Kit, which included
fixes for all the problems the Mini-500 had ever experienced. But, only
about 100 or so of these Mast Support upgrades were purchased by the 500
Mini-500 owners, because most of them were experiencing no problems and
didn't think they needed it.

After Revolution Helicopter closed their doors, all the Mini-500 owners
later found out that the factory was correct, and they all ended up
needing the upgrades, but then it was too late. The result is that any
Mini-500 that does not have the Mast Support upgrade is now worthless as
a safe flying helicopter, at any price. Any Mini-500 helicopter that
does not have the factory mandated Mast Support upgrade and the other
upgrades that came with the kit will forever have problems with frame
cracks and flight vibration, which could lead to a crash. But, the lucky
Mini-500 owners that did upgraded with the Mast Support kit, are flying
well and their aircraft are still retaining their value.

The designer of, and owner of all rights to the Mini-500, Mr. Dennis
Fetters, has moved on to other interests, but has decided to help the
Mini-500 one last time do to the large amount of requests he is
receiving to provide this vital upgrade. He is compiling a list of
people that would be interested in a Mast Support upgrade, and if enough
are, he would manufacture only that amount of units, with no extras.
It's a one last time, last chance deal.

Although Mr. Fetters has recommended that no helicopter should be flown
without factory support, he realizes that it is unrealistic to expect
people to follow that advice, and this upgrade was the most important
one that corrects all known problems.

This is good news for the Mini-500, and will revive many back into
operation and increase their value. For anyone interested, please
contact Mr. Fetters and get on the list. His email address is:

This is what the letter from Mr. Fetters said;

Subject: Mini-500 Mast Support Upgrades

Consistence: 1 page

Sent on: June 25, 2008

Dear Mini-500 enthusiasts,

Although I no longer do business concerning the Mini-500, I have had
people contacting me wanting to know where they can buy the mandatory
Mast Support upgrade for their Mini-500 helicopters. I have also had
many people say that they would consider buying a used Mini-500 if they
could upgrade it.

Any Mini-500 helicopter that does not have these vital upgrades is
virtually a worthless aircraft. Even though it fly’s well enough new, in
time you will have permanent and uncorrectable trouble that could lead
to an accident. The Mast Support and included upgrade kit took care of
all the growing pains of the Mini-500 and turned it into a trouble free
and well flying helicopter.

If there were enough people to come together that would be willing to
purchase this vital package, then I would consider building a limited
number of Mast Support upgrades, along with the other mandatory upgrades
that came in that same package. To do this, I would need anyone
interested to contact me to be added to the list. The price can only be
determined once I know how many I need to make. The more I make the less
they will cost.

This is a one time deal. Those that did not purchase the package back
when RHCI was in business surly regretted not doing so later. If you do
not get it now, you will never get one, so please let me know this time.
I will not build them again after this, and I will not build extra. I
can be contacted at the email address above. Once I have the names of
everyone that needs one, then I will let them know the price, which will
be affordable.

Most sincerely,

Dennis Fetters
Old August 3rd 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
planeman

Dennis Fetters wrote:

The designer of, and owner of all rights to the Mini-500, Mr. Dennis
Fetters, has moved on to other interests, but has decided to help the
Mini-500 one last time

Thank you sir! All those people badmouthing the Mini-500 doesn't know
what hes talking about.

Larry

--
Most sincerely,

Dennis Fetters
Old August 3rd 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ted Leon

I'm not a Mini 500 owner, thus NOT a knowlegable critic.

That said, it seems easier and cheaper for everyone to just have the
designer sell the plans for the upgrade(s), and let the owners make them or
have them made.
For what it's worth...
Ted

Old August 4th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Ted Leon" wrote in message
I'm not a Mini 500 owner, thus NOT a knowlegable critic.

That said, it seems easier and cheaper for everyone to just have the
designer sell the plans for the upgrade(s), and let the owners make them
or have them made.
For what it's worth...

That is a whole ball of wax you really don't want to melt....Do about 4
hours reading back posts on all sides of the subject, then come to believe
what you want. Put particular emphasis on posts from people that have owned
one, or know people that were killed flying one, and then, take it....

For what it's worth.
--
Jim in NC

Old August 4th 08, 06:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
planeman

Ted Leon wrote:
I'm not a Mini 500 owner, thus NOT a knowlegable critic.

That said, it seems easier and cheaper for everyone to just have the
designer sell the plans for the upgrade(s), and let the owners make them or
have them made.
For what it's worth...
Ted

It was a parody of planeman's 7/22/2005 post, thanking Mr. Fetters:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/rec...24192f98d8d268

Who was planeman?
Planemam unmasked!!
7/24/2005, after gushing over Fetters' Mini-500 accident analysis:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/rec...c897918e2301cf