Wedekind Sleeve Source?

Old September 14th 15, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wedekind Sleeve Source?

Looking for Wedekind Sleeves for 1985 DG 400.

Anyone have any leads?

Thanks,

Kevin Anderson
92
Old September 14th 15, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Monday, September 14, 2015 at 6:17:28 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Looking for Wedekind Sleeves for 1985 DG 400.

Anyone have any leads?

Thanks,

Kevin Anderson
92

Searching ras:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.aviation.soaring/wedekind$20sleeves/rec.aviation.soaring/0OUqK__QnGQ/7dM6dQf0s1AJ
Old September 18th 15, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks Dan,

I placed an order through them.

Kevin
Old September 18th 15, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Six-Seven Romeo

I have purchased from McLean Aviation previously. http://www.mcleanaviation.co.uk/

Also see more details at http://aviation.derosaweb.net/wedekind/

Wedekind sleeves are the best for L'Hotellier fittings!
Old September 18th 15, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 12:19:32 PM UTC-7, Six-Seven Romeo wrote:
I have purchased from McLean Aviation previously. http://www.mcleanaviation.co.uk/

Also see more details at http://aviation.derosaweb.net/wedekind/

Wedekind sleeves are the best for L'Hotellier fittings!

You do have to be careful, though, as I discovered to my dismay when I recently purchased sleeves for a Standard Cirrus (#446, pretty late in the SH production run), there are actually two kinds of L'Hotellier fittings, an early type with a rotating lock, and the more common type with a push down lock. Wedekind sleeves can only be used with the latter...

Marc
Old September 22nd 15, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dirk Darling

On Monday, September 14, 2015 at 3:17:28 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Looking for Wedekind Sleeves for 1985 DG 400.

Anyone have any leads?

Thanks,

Kevin Anderson
92

Kevin, I'm considering them myself. Let me know how the install goes. Take some pics if you don't mind. Thanks!
Old September 24th 15, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Below is the best write up I have seen, with pics. by John DeRosa.

Old September 26th 15, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dirk Darling

On Monday, September 14, 2015 at 3:17:28 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Looking for Wedekind Sleeves for 1985 DG 400.

Anyone have any leads?

Thanks,

Kevin Anderson
92

Kevin, I've seen that link, and it indicates that the installation is 'complicated'. The comment in the link about the 'white LS' sleeves suggested an installation of "5 seconds". That's a huge difference. I'll be interested to hear first hand from you where truth is.
Old September 27th 15, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

From what I understand the LS sleeves are good only for the straight hotellier connections, and have to be replaced every two years. I just got a quote for them and they are $25 a piece, to $50 every two years for only half of my connections, would still have to use the other safeties for the ailerons.

Kevin
Old September 28th 15, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alex[_6_]

The DeRosa summary explains the white LS sleeves pretty well. I have two additions:

I don't see a need to replace these at two year intervals. Ours have been in operation at least 8 years and sofar show no signs of wear or loosing tension.

I can confirm installation in 5 seconds, but that goes both ways. These sleeves easily get pulled off when dismantling the wings. We once had to return to an outlanding field to find a lost sleeve. I recommend keeping a spare.