A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Discus CS "Trailer tips" wanted....

Old August 7th 16, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Discus CS "Trailer tips" wanted....

Hi all,

Don't need them to fly unless I break the winglets. But they help someone holding the tip rigging and they work for securing the wings in the trailer. If someone has a pattern or a set, willing to buy. Open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Michael
Old August 8th 16, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AM
external usenet poster

Default Discus CS "Trailer tips" wanted....

On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 2:21:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi all,

Don't need them to fly unless I break the winglets. But they help someone holding the tip rigging and they work for securing the wings in the trailer. If someone has a pattern or a set, willing to buy. Open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael,

The trailer tips I have for my plane do not have the spring-loaded retainer pins, and because of that I never use them during the assembly or disassembly. A club-mate has a Ventus 2 that has some nifty handles that secure with retainer pins and provide a really nice way to lift at the tip of the wing. Assuming your trailer is rigged compatibly, they should also keep the wing from moving in the trailer. I'd suggest checking with M&H soaring to see if they have any of those - I've been meaning to do so myself.

-Andy