Discus CS "Trailer tips" wanted....

Old August 7th 16, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Discus CS "Trailer tips" wanted....

Hi all,

Don't need them to fly unless I break the winglets. But they help someone holding the tip rigging and they work for securing the wings in the trailer. If someone has a pattern or a set, willing to buy. Open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Michael
Old August 8th 16, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AM

On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 2:21:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi all,

Don't need them to fly unless I break the winglets. But they help someone holding the tip rigging and they work for securing the wings in the trailer. If someone has a pattern or a set, willing to buy. Open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael,

The trailer tips I have for my plane do not have the spring-loaded retainer pins, and because of that I never use them during the assembly or disassembly. A club-mate has a Ventus 2 that has some nifty handles that secure with retainer pins and provide a really nice way to lift at the tip of the wing. Assuming your trailer is rigged compatibly, they should also keep the wing from moving in the trailer. I'd suggest checking with M&H soaring to see if they have any of those - I've been meaning to do so myself.

-Andy