Online source for oil filters?

Old December 30th 03, 05:23 PM
Ben Smith

Default Online source for oil filters?

For those that aero-shop online, where do you order your oil filters from?
It's time for me to stock up again... (I use CH48110's) TIA,

--
Ben
C-172 - N13258 @ 87Y

Old December 30th 03, 07:10 PM
Jay Honeck

Usually Aircraft Spruce. http://www.aircraftspruce.com

Me, too.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 30th 03, 08:22 PM
Jay Masino

Ben Smith wrote:
For those that aero-shop online, where do you order your oil filters from?
It's time for me to stock up again... (I use CH48110's) TIA,

http://www.chiefaircraft.com

__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
http://www2.ari.net/jmasino/ ! ! !

Checkout http://www.oc-adolfos.com/
for the best Italian food in Ocean City, MD and...
Checkout http://www.brolow.com/ for authentic Blues music on Delmarva

Old December 30th 03, 08:40 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Ben Smith wrote:

For those that aero-shop online, where do you order your oil filters from?

Usually Aircraft Spruce. http://www.aircraftspruce.com

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old December 30th 03, 11:54 PM
Maule Driver

Me too. Helps to order several year's worth to bury the shipping charge.

Happy New Year

Old December 31st 03, 01:58 AM

I recently did some shop and compare for supplies for an oil change. I
compared:

spruce www.aircraftspruce.com
chief www.chiefaircraft.com
wagaero www.wagaero.com

Overall, spruce had the best price (by about $10) for a case of aeroshell, a
ch48110 and some miscellaneous other stuff (some new plugs, safety wire,
etc). I ended up ordering from spruce but see below.

One annoying thing about spruce is that they don't include the shipping
price in the final total. They're usually not out of line, but I'd prefer
to see the whole price before I place the order. Conversely, wagaero tells
you the exact price before you complete the transaction. I never got far
enough through chief's process to find out how they do it.

Of the three, I think chief has the best web catalog although spruce isn't
bad. wag's online catalog is very difficult to browse with.

I've previously ordered from both spruce and wag and have never had any
problems (i.e. missing items, incorrect charges, etc).

cheers,
mark

Old December 31st 03, 02:43 AM
Ben Smith

One annoying thing about spruce is that they don't include the shipping
price in the final total.

I noticed that about 'spruce too.

Thanks for the responses. Seems like the filter is $15 no matter where ya
find it. I went with Wag Aero, to support the Wisconsin business, and they
will probably arrive quicker.

--Ben

Old December 31st 03, 01:47 PM
OSKI 3

Hey guys, I heard about good prices on filters at "www.globalfiltration.com "
Thought I would share! Happy New Year.

Bill OParowski
N10SX
N101SX
Old December 31st 03, 07:29 PM

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:22:29 +0000, Jay Masino wrote:

Ben Smith wrote:
For those that aero-shop online, where do you order your oil filters from?
It's time for me to stock up again... (I use CH48110's) TIA,

http://www.chiefaircraft.com

Another vote for Chief. They are in Oregon so there is no sales tax.

Old December 31st 03, 08:11 PM
G.R. Patterson III

OSKI 3 wrote:

Hey guys, I heard about good prices on filters at "www.globalfiltration.com "

Just checked it out. Looks like all they have are filters for turbines.