A Dickless Moment (was: RESULT: news.groups.proposals will be created

Old November 23rd 06, 12:48 PM posted to news.groups,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,alt.astronomy
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Default A Dickless Moment (was: RESULT: news.groups.proposals will be created

Peewee AKA Peter J Ross wrote:
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:00:05 -0600, Tim Skirvin
wrote in news.groups:

Peter J Ross writes:

Actually, I'd like clarification this too, Peter - are you looking
for wide-scale collaboration, for better documentation, or for something
else?

I'm looking for a section of your site in which anybody willing to
register a username and password can post anything they want to post.

That's a solution, and I'm not asking about those. What I'm
interested in is what your *problem* is - what are you trying to do? -
and not how you're trying to get there.

I'm trying to give ordinary Usenet users (the worthless scum on whom
you like to trample) a voice.

Since you've voted to deny them a voice on Usenet, maybe they can have
a voice on the Wiki?

What do you want users to get out of the B8MB wiki that they
can't get out of it now?

Participation. That's what I want them to be allowed to have.

A real wiki, IOW.

In your opinion.

this is a David Tholen moment

On what basis do you make that k'lame, Peewee?

Do you really not find the idea interesting?

I do find it kindof interesting, but not enough to endorse
actually doing it on our equipment. If somebody else set it up in
parallel, I'd probably poke at it.

You're missing the point, perhaps on purpose.

The point is that DISSENT IS ALLOWED even on your website.

So you wish to disallow dissent, Peewee? No surprise there, really.

Are you sure that vandals would prevail?

Fairly sure, yes, but it'd be an interesting run.

So why not try it?

Irrelevant, Peewee.

Either discuss my suggestion or make it clear that you're discussing a
different suggestion of your own, please.

Err, your suggestion isn't allowed to evolve? I guess that if you
really are making a suggestion just to prove a point, and not to actually
try to improve things, that's a reasonable position to take. Me, I'm here
to try to improve things.

You snipped silently again.

"Clasic".

Me, I'm here to try to improve things too, but I temporarily forget
that forcing you to resign is the first essential step. Without you,
******s like Kamens would be easy to dispose of. The problem is that,
unlike Kamens, you're not a moron, so I'm tempted to try to have
rational discussion with you from time to time.

Please renew my kooksite listing.

Non sequitur.