L-19 Birddog Avionics Parts - For Sale?

Old January 21st 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.homebuilt
ContestID67

Default L-19 Birddog Avionics Parts - For Sale?

I am a member of a glider club that uses an L-19 Birddog for our tow
plane. The airplane makes a great towplane and by removing the rear
stick and turning the rear seat around, you can face backwards for the
flight which is a real hoot.

The airplane came to us after military use and had a full compliment of
military communications and avionics gear in the back seat next to the
observer. Much of it is tube and crystal electronics. We removed and
kept all of this gear. While cleaning out our attic recently we can
across the gear again.

Our first thought was to keep the gear until such time that we decide
to sell the ship (possibly to a collector). The second thought was to
sell off the gear now as we don't have immediate plans to sell the
L-19.

A few questions;

1) Do you believe the better idea is to keep the avionics and ship
together as a "matched set".
2) What is an L-19 worth these days? With avionics? Without?
3) Do you have any desire to see some pictures of the gear?
4) In and amongst the parts were some aluminum cannisters a little
larger than a shotgun shell. They have "nipples" at each end which are
about 50% of the diameter of the main part. The rattle when shaken.
No markings whatsoever. Anyone know what they might be?

Because I do not typically frequent this newsgroup (I am usually found
on rec.aviation.soaring), please send me a direct email.

Thanks, John at derosaweb.com

The best place to advertise it is in EAA and Warbirds magazines -- both
as a set and in components.