Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Old March 12th 08, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Aratzio wrote in
:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 03:59:39 -0400, in
alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk, dave hillstrom
bloviated:

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:56:28 +0000 (UTC), Dylan Smith

On 2008-03-09, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Is that a real pint or a short pint?

WTF is a short pint?

Presumably a 16oz pint, as opposed to the 20oz Imperial pint.

bottom line; english beers are LESS alcoholic per unit volume than
american beers. period.

How about belgian doppel & tripel ales?

Eww! they taste like molasses.

Bertie
Old March 12th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Dylan Smith wrote in
:

On 2008-03-12, dave hillstrom wrote:
Presumably a 16oz pint, as opposed to the 20oz Imperial pint.

bottom line; english beers are LESS alcoholic per unit volume than
american beers. period.

They are? They vary quite widely in strength from around 3% for a mild,
and near 7% for 'strong ale'. There are one or two outliers at about 9%.
Beers in the US range from around 3.2% to around 5.5% for the mass
produced stuff, and generally around 5%-7% for some of the smaller
breweries outputs. Presumably, there are a couple of 9% outliers too.

There are, mostly in Scotland where they probably deep fry them into the
bargain.

Bertie
Old March 12th 08, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Aratzio

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:38:43 +0000 (UTC), in
alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk, Bertie the Bunyip
bloviated:

Aratzio wrote in
:

On 2008-03-12, dave hillstrom wrote:
Presumably a 16oz pint, as opposed to the 20oz Imperial pint.

bottom line; english beers are LESS alcoholic per unit volume than
american beers. period.

They are? They vary quite widely in strength from around 3% for a mild,
and near 7% for 'strong ale'. There are one or two outliers at about 9%.
Beers in the US range from around 3.2% to around 5.5% for the mass
produced stuff, and generally around 5%-7% for some of the smaller
breweries outputs. Presumably, there are a couple of 9% outliers too.

There are, mostly in Scotland where they probably deep fry them into the
bargain.

Bertie

Canadian (Belgian Style) brewery called Unibroue
www.unibroue.com

They ales with up to 9% (used to be 10%). Only brews I have ever found
that have that high of alcohol and don't taste disgusting.

I especially like Trois Pistoles & La Fin Du Monde

On 2008-03-09, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Is that a real pint or a short pint?

WTF is a short pint?

Presumably a 16oz pint, as opposed to the 20oz Imperial pint.

bottom line; english beers are LESS alcoholic per unit volume than
american beers. period.

How about belgian doppel & tripel ales?

Eww! they taste like molasses.

Bertie

HEATHEN!

I've gotten to filter a good bit of belgian beer in my life. most of it
is vile, IMO. Stella is the only thing I've drunk in the 'first' world
that gives me a headache while I'm drinking it. Jupiler isn;t much
better and those gooey trappist beers are a bit too heavy for me. THe
Hoegarten isn't too bad, though, and Leffe at least doesn't make me
sick.

Bertie
Old March 12th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RdKetchup

Tina wrote:
Just to lighten the mood a little, you might try clicking on this.

It is aviation related, in its way.

http://www.videovat.com/videos/3693/...sile-test.aspx

The soldiers in that video aren't French, they are Canadian.
Old March 12th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

RdKetchup wrote:
Tina wrote:
Just to lighten the mood a little, you might try clicking on this.

It is aviation related, in its way.

http://www.videovat.com/videos/3693/...sile-test.aspx

The soldiers in that video aren't French, they are Canadian.

That's what happens when the ejection charge fires
but the rocket motor doesn't ignite.

Somewhere on the web there's a very long report
on the development of the US Army's Redeye missile.
A similar thing happened with the missile ejecting
the launch tube, flying about 10 meters forward
and falling to the ground. Then the rocket motor
ignited and spun the missile around the ground
next to the observers. That would have made a
better movie, what with the 2 and 3 star generals
dancing.
Old March 12th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
I've gotten to filter a good bit of belgian beer in my life. most of it
is vile, IMO. Stella is the only thing I've drunk in the 'first' world
that gives me a headache while I'm drinking it. Jupiler isn;t much
better and those gooey trappist beers are a bit too heavy for me. THe
Hoegarten isn't too bad, though, and Leffe at least doesn't make me
sick.

Mmmm...Hoegaarden. Haven't found it on tap around here, but I generally
get it whenever I'm in New York. Les Halles is the spot - good food and
Hoegaarden.
Old March 12th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
dave hillstrom

On 2008-03-09, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Is that a real pint or a short pint?

WTF is a short pint?

Presumably a 16oz pint, as opposed to the 20oz Imperial pint.

bottom line; english beers are LESS alcoholic per unit volume than
american beers. *period.

If you are only interested in alcohol and getting drunk, that may be
an important, albeit not always correct, consideration. More adult
beer drinkers are looking for taste. Your period is getting the bitter
of you.

Cheers

heh

perhaps. but taste often goes with the more alcoholic beverage, if
properly made. i imagine the winos in the crowd might have something
to say about this.

AND it is not ~i~ what started the age old brag of the british that
goes like this: "our beers taste better, are more alcoholic, and
generally the all around dogs ********."

but, to this, it IS ~i~ what says: "bull****."

--
dave hillstrom mhm15x4 zrbj

This space for rent.

On 2008-03-09, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Is that a real pint or a short pint?

WTF is a short pint?

Presumably a 16oz pint, as opposed to the 20oz Imperial pint.

bottom line; english beers are LESS alcoholic per unit volume than
american beers. period.

How about belgian doppel & tripel ales?

they are considerably alchoholic and considerably tasty.