Turbine PIC time at Group3 for $135?

Old September 24th 03, 02:25 PM
Jacob Burnetski

Default Turbine PIC time at Group3 for $135?

Has anyone tried the program at Group3 that allows you to build PIC
time in a 206? I found it when I was looking for a transition course,
and it just seems too good to be true. $135 for 206 time?
http://www.group3aviation.com/site/h...ic/bottom.html

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has tried it.

Thanks.

Old September 24th 03, 08:38 PM
nishan

Jacob Burnetski wrote in message . ..
Has anyone tried the program at Group3 that allows you to build PIC
time in a 206? I found it when I was looking for a transition course,
and it just seems too good to be true. $135 for 206 time?
http://www.group3aviation.com/site/h...ic/bottom.html

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has tried it.

Thanks.

Hmmm. I'm wondering if this flying with "Commander" Chuck Street in
the KIIS FM traffic helicopter. Both a PPL(H) friend of mine and my
CFI said they both got to do it for free sometime ago. Again, just
wondering...

Nishan
Old September 25th 03, 01:32 PM
Bart

Save your money and do something more useful to your career;
Head down to Hurst TX and attend the 206BIII initial class at Bell.
You'll actually learn something and actually fly the aircraft.

Bart

Old September 25th 03, 07:45 PM
Jacob Burnetski

Did he think that it was worth it? Bart has suggested that it might
be a waste of money and I'd like someones opinion thats actually done
it. I'd like to get exposure to the machine, and have some time on
the controls, but I'm not sure that I'm ready to spend $6k for initial
class with Bell when I don't have anywhere near enough time to even
think about a job.

Bart, Nishan?

On 24 Sep 2003 18:32:13 -0700, (nishan) wrote:

(nishan) wrote in message
Hmmm. I'm wondering if this flying with "Commander" Chuck Street in
the KIIS FM traffic helicopter. Both a PPL(H) friend of mine and my
CFI said they both got to do it for free sometime ago. Again, just
wondering...

Actually, I take that back. Speaking to my CFI today, he said that he
did indeed pay about $135/hr to fly it...

nishan

Old October 2nd 03, 02:36 AM
nishan

Well, I finally did ask my CFI if he thought it was worth it and he
basically said, "yes". Are you going to be allowed to do anything
significant in it? Absolutely not. He said he got to do a
pick-up/set-down and basically "fly it around". If the ship needs to
be "worked" or HOGE'd for a freeway shot or whatever, you'll have to
give up the controls. But if you're looking to experience basic PIC
flight in the 206 to gauge your interest, he felt the price could not
be beat. FWIW, He never did move on to the transition course...

Good Instructors... doc Piloting 52 December 5th 04 09:20 PM
For Keith Willshaw... robert arndt Military Aviation 253 July 6th 04 05:18 AM
Logging Time Consistently - Hobbs AND Tach Carl Orton Piloting 11 June 29th 04 09:52 PM