Airtex Interiors

Old December 26th 05, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Airtex Interiors

Looks we going with a complete new Airtex interior for our Warrior.
Has anybody here has any expirence with the "Duraplush" fabric? -
wear/staining/cleaning etc. Our Cessna had the "Duraweave" and it was
very rugged.

Also , any thoughts on painting the headliner? We will be using the
SEM paints.....

Dave
Old December 26th 05, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Why in the name of God's Good Geese would you PAINT the headliner?

Jim

Old December 26th 05, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

'Cause Dodd at Airtex sugested it should be an "off-white" (towards
grey) to complement the light grey interior. The present "white"
headliner (vinyl) is white offset to beige (warm white) .

Either to be painted or changed....

And I think he is right.....It will look better...

Dave

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 08:24:41 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

Why in the name of God's Good Geese would you PAINT the headliner?

Jim

.. .

Old December 27th 05, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I have an off-white headliner with light grey interior, and it never
appeared odd to me. But then, I'm not an interior decorator :-)

Old December 30th 05, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Dave wrote:
Looks we going with a complete new Airtex interior for our Warrior.
Has anybody here has any expirence with the "Duraplush" fabric? -
wear/staining/cleaning etc. Our Cessna had the "Duraweave" and it was
very rugged.

Also , any thoughts on painting the headliner? We will be using the
SEM paints.....

Dave

I've used SEM several times on aircraft interiors. It works well and
should be fine for the headliner since it's for flexible material.

Airtex Interiors Dave Piloting 2 December 26th 05 08:05 PM
Airtex Interior Refurbishment - Day 51 Mike Spera Owning 0 May 25th 05 02:39 AM
Airtex Interior Refurbishment - Day 50 Mike Spera Owning 3 May 19th 05 03:25 PM
Airtex Interior Refurbish - Day 48 Mike Spera Owning 4 May 16th 05 07:10 PM
Airtex Interiors (Again) Blanche Owning 10 March 16th 04 04:29 PM