T.E. Static hose

Old March 26th 05, 03:07 AM

Default T.E. Static hose

I've got a red line (hose) under my panel and according to the diagram
in the maintenance manual for this glider this is the T.E. static.
I've got a L-NAV and a Borgelt B-40, where might I want to connect this
line to?

Old March 26th 05, 05:48 PM

Eric thanks, I've got the clear static figured out ALT, ASI , Encoder
thats on the sides of the fuslage (sp).

The manuel for this DG-600 (the same for DG-800) says Red is static M .
ar is pitot, Green T.E. The red DOES comes off of the probe assembly.
http://212.8.200.175/~techdg/DG/hb/e...0/DG600_MM.pdf
see page 23 for drawing.
Thanks Russ

Old March 27th 05, 02:17 AM
5Z

You have a 3-way probe. TE, pitot and static.
Blow gently in the red tube and have a helper tell you which hole(s)
the air comes from. I suspect it will be the set of holes around the
horizonal part of the probe - the static holes.
The hole in the tip is the pitot and the hole(s) in the short sideways
tube is the TE.

Have your helper use their eye to feel the air, that way you need to
blow quite gently.

-Tom

Old March 27th 05, 03:25 AM

Ya but what do I do with it?

Old March 27th 05, 04:54 AM
bumper

Assuming the red line is from the TE, you should connect it to the TE input
on the LNAV. You should also connect an in-line T and use the red TE for the
other vario if you have one. If the additional vario is mechanical, it'll
have two inputs, the other goes to the flask.

all the best,

bumper

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ya but what do I do with it?

Old March 27th 05, 01:58 PM
Bob Salvo

Place the in-line "T" as far back as possible away from the instruments.
This will add some pneumatic resistance between the instruments, preventing
cross-talk. Placing the "T" under the seat-pan is usually far back enough.

Regards,
Bob

"bumper" wrote in message
Assuming the red line is from the TE, you should connect it to the TE

input
on the LNAV. You should also connect an in-line T and use the red TE for

the
other vario if you have one. If the additional vario is mechanical, it'll
have two inputs, the other goes to the flask.

all the best,

bumper

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ya but what do I do with it?

Is my static port leaking? Derrick Early Instrument Flight Rules 2 August 15th 04 01:13 AM
Four Static Ports! Which to Use? John DeRosa Sky Soaring Chicago IL Soaring 3 May 18th 04 04:55 PM
Transponder test after static system opened? Jack I Owning 6 March 14th 04 03:09 PM
Why a static port? Paul Mennen Owning 11 August 19th 03 04:58 AM
Static in KX-165A Chad Lemmen Owning 3 July 21st 03 09:57 PM