EAA Questionnaire?

Old August 11th 05, 06:19 PM
Jay Honeck

Default EAA Questionnaire?

I just received (and completed) my emailed EAA Airventure questionnaire.
Anyone else get one?

Somehow they knew that I had attended OSH, and sent me an email. (I don't
remember supplying my email address to anyone at the convention, so someone
inside EAA has spent some time cross-referencing records...)

Anyway, one of the questions specifically aimed at North 40 airplane campers
was regarding our opinion of the "camp store" and its selection/pricing.

Camp store? Did anyone find a camp store in (or near) the North 40 that
didn't say "Pick N Save" on the roof? If so, where the heck was it?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 11th 05, 10:55 PM
Margy

Jay Honeck wrote:
I just received (and completed) my emailed EAA Airventure questionnaire.
Anyone else get one?

Somehow they knew that I had attended OSH, and sent me an email. (I don't
remember supplying my email address to anyone at the convention, so someone
inside EAA has spent some time cross-referencing records...)

Anyway, one of the questions specifically aimed at North 40 airplane campers
was regarding our opinion of the "camp store" and its selection/pricing.

Camp store? Did anyone find a camp store in (or near) the North 40 that
didn't say "Pick N Save" on the roof? If so, where the heck was it?

There was and may still be a North 40 camp store, but it's really in the
middle of the show area (it's where the North 40 used to be). That
might be what they are talking about.

Margy
Old August 12th 05, 12:24 AM
Jay Honeck

There was and may still be a North 40 camp store, but it's really in the
middle of the show area (it's where the North 40 used to be). That might
be what they are talking about.

When we started camping in the North 40 the Warbirds ran a camp store, with
the basics (ice, donuts, pop, etc.).

That disappeared in '99 or so.

I haven't seen anything anywhere like it since, although I hear there is one
over in Scholler?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 12th 05, 12:25 AM
Bryan Burchfield

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

I just received (and completed) my emailed EAA Airventure
questionnaire. Anyone else get one?

Somehow they knew that I had attended OSH, and sent me an email. (I
don't remember supplying my email address to anyone at the convention,
so someone inside EAA has spent some time cross-referencing
records...)

You probably have your email address attached to your EAA member info.
That's assuming you're an EAA member. It's a simple database lookup to
blast out emails to all EAA members who registered for the event.

I've camped in the north-north 40 four years now (errr, 4 times) and have
never seen a "camp store" on the field.

Did you notice question #24 was a "rate 1 to 5" question but had buttons
for answers 1 thru 6?

--
Bryan Burchfield, PP-ASEL
www.biffshangar.com
Old August 12th 05, 12:34 AM
RST Engineering

You talking about the Red Barn over by the Ultralight group?

Jim

Old August 12th 05, 12:44 AM
Jay Honeck

I haven't seen anything anywhere like it since, although I hear there is
one over in Scholler?

You talking about the Red Barn over by the Ultralight group?

Not sure. I've heard there is a camp store in/near Camp Scholler, although
to be honest, I don't think I could find Camp Scholler on the grounds. I've
never driven there!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 12th 05, 01:09 AM
Kyle Boatright

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I haven't seen anything anywhere like it since, although I hear there is
one over in Scholler?

You talking about the Red Barn over by the Ultralight group?

Not sure. I've heard there is a camp store in/near Camp Scholler,
although to be honest, I don't think I could find Camp Scholler on the
grounds. I've never driven there!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

The third time I flew into Osh, I took my father. Since the old Tomahawk
had a whopping 508 pound useful load, we cut corners on campgear. As we were
packing, Dad mentioned bug spray, and I said "Naah, never needed it before,
let's leave it", so we did. Well, just as soon as we arrived at Oshkosh and
unlatched the Tommie's doors, we were swarmed by mosquitoes. I literally
RAN to the camp store, catching it about 2 minutes before closing time.
Next time dad suggests bringing bug spray, I'm listening...

As Jay pointed out earlier, that store was just South of the warbirds area.
That store is gone, and I think was displaced by more warbird parking.

As for the Red Barn, it is probably 1/4 mile due West of the control tower.
A hell of a walk from the North 40, and a heck of a walk from Homebuilt
camping.

KB

Old August 12th 05, 02:26 AM

When we started camping in the North 40 the Warbirds ran a camp store,
with
the basics (ice, donuts, pop, etc.).

That disappeared in '99 or so.

I haven't seen anything anywhere like it since, although I hear there is

one
over in Scholler?
--
Jay Honeck

Not just one, but at least two! There's the big red barn which is just down
the road (west) a bit from Theater in the Woods, then one about another half
mile or so farther. Both had pretty good selections (the barn in particular)
and lots of ice at pretty good prices every time I went in. Those are the
only two I hit during the week since they were on the way to my tent.

-Tony Gotez

Old August 12th 05, 03:09 AM
Dave Wewers

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Camp store? Did anyone find a camp store in (or near) the North 40 that
didn't say "Pick N Save" on the roof? If so, where the heck was it?

I made a similar comment on the survey! It was nice when the camp
store in the Warbirds area was there, but apparently we were in the
minority.

I also found it interesting that on every question a high number was a
"favorable" response, except for #25 (IIRC), where it was the
opposite. I commented at the end of the survey that they may not want
to put too much stock in the response to that question!