...and the #1 stupid Dallas city ordinance is:

Old April 20th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default ...and the #1 stupid Dallas city ordinance is:

Erik writes:

You know that you just proved MX correct.

That takes courage.

Old April 20th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
muff528

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 19, 12:54 pm, Dallas wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:39:52 +0000 (UTC), Paul Tomblin wrote:
were saying "hydroplane" when they meant "float
plane".

OMG. I believe you're right.
--
Dallas

Look up the definition of hydroplane

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hydroplane

A number of authoritative sources say that hydroplane
may mean "seaplane", or more precisely,
"an airplane that can land on or take off from water".

Yes, there are other possible meanings of the word,
but using hydroplane to mean floatplane is hardly
incorrect .

I guess the way the law is written it could be interpreted by
a law enforcement officer to suit either situation.
It would then be left up to a court to decide what the
intention or spirit of the law was when it was written.

Tony P.

Old April 20th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Crash Lander[_1_]

"Erik" wrote in message
You know that you just proved MX correct.

There's a first time for everything.
Crash Lander

Old April 20th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Paul Tomblin writes:

I lived in Quebec and for years I'd heard of a "hydroplane dock" near
where I lived. And then one time I was canoeing on the river and
realized that people, even Anglos, were saying "hydroplane" when they
meant "float plane".

Hydroplane is a synonym.

No it isn't,. it's wrong, fjukktard.

Bertie
Old April 20th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Erik writes:

You know that you just proved MX correct.

That takes courage.

No, it takes brain damage.

Bertie
Old April 20th 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Carter[_1_]

Where do you get a Dallas City Ordinance Dictionary?

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas

Old April 20th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

muff528 wrote:

I guess the way the law is written it could be interpreted by
a law enforcement officer to suit either situation.
It would then be left up to a court to decide what the
intention or spirit of the law was when it was written.

Well, I don't think there is much question about the intent, since the
regulation in question is under the "CHAPTER 5 AIRCRAFT AND AIRPORTS"
section. It's obvious that they weren't referring to the boat type of
hydroplane.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old April 20th 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Dallas" wrote in message

CHAPTER 5 AIRCRAFT AND AIRPORTS

SEC. 5-11. USE OF HYDROPLANES ON CITY PROPERTY.
It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a hydroplane upon any
reservoir or any lake belonging to under control of the city. (Ord. Nos.
8213; 14384)

Presumably because they're Hydro "planes".

Well, it isn't uncommon for them to become airborne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFdV9pc64eQ

The unlimiteds were a lot more exciting when they ran the big piston
engines. They used to pass about 50 feet away from the main dock at the
Detroit Yacht Club - That was COOL!

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com