Let's move on

Old August 15th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

Default Let's move on

wrote in message

Anthony has become boring, engagements with him are without
resolution, so I will let him hang in peace, or pieces.

I've taken to replying to him via email (as was the original intent if
usenet) . He has yet to respond, so I always get the last word.

It's a refreshing change.

Old August 15th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Tim" wrote in message
"Steve Foley" wrote

I agree with Viperdoc that MX is responsible for the demise of this

group.

That's not really true now, is it. He is a participant and an instigator,
but without others cooperating the endless arguing over meaningless detail
would not ensue.

Yes, it is true. He is the root cause of the demise. I agree it takes the
participation of others, but if he never came along, I honestly believe this
group would not have dried up and blown away.

Old August 15th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Viperdoc wrote:
Anthony has a penchant for stating the obvious, but never acknowledging his
own errors. He never substantiates his outlandish claims with actual
citations. His own warped sense of reality is simply based upon playing a
computer game.

Total ignoring, discussing, or mentioning of Anthony will stop this. He
does not exist. Do not respond, recognize, or comment back to him or
about him in this newsgroup. He will go away. Oops, I did, didn't I?
--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old August 15th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon

On Aug 15, 9:20*am, "Steve Foley" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

"Steve Foley" wrote

I agree with Viperdoc that MX is responsible for the demise of this

group.

That's not really true now, is it. *He is a participant and an instigator,
but without others cooperating the endless arguing over meaningless detail
would not ensue.

Yes, it is true. He is the root cause of the demise. I agree it takes the
participation of others, but if he never came along, I honestly believe this
group would not have dried up and blown away.

So the question is: Who will change? I think it's clear we know who
won't.
Old August 15th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon[_5_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
The venue is different, that's for sure. Some who are used to Usenet will
never like a web forum. I have trouble myself sometimes figuring out who
is answering whom :-))
The bottom line for me is that ALL forms of public aviation posting have
lost their lustre for me, and I don't post anywhere near as often as I
used to.
To be quite frank, I'm just tired of dealing with it. I still drop a few
lines here and there but I've given up long ago caring who agrees or
disagrees with me on anything.
They say this comes to all who stay on forums for any length of time.
There's some truth to it for sure :-))

The sad thing from my perspective is that I've learned a whole heck of a lot
from these groups. I feel as though I got at least a few years of "free
experience" by learning from others in the group. I like the setup of
piloting/owning/ifr where piloting acts as the general forum. I'd love to
see a similar more disciplined setup somewhere.

Marco

Old August 15th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon[_5_]

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Marco,
so I never see their threads and most related
content.

Yes, but the problem is that there's not much left after that.

Absolutely true. Maybe the group needs a "vacation" where the trolls get
bored and move on to other groups for their trolling pleasure. Then the
value-add folks might slowly come back and the group might experience a
rebirth of activity. There must be some eco-system principles at work here.

Marco

Old August 15th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon[_5_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
The key to making the PofA interface work is to use the "New Posts" button
exclusively. By pushing this button you only see posts that have been
made since the last time you visited the site, which efficiently and
quickly cuts through the too-complex interface.

Hmmm. Gotta try that Jay. Thanks

Old August 15th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Marco Leon wrote:
[...]

There is much of value that passes on both types of forums. It all boils
down to whether or not you are willing to put up with the crap you will
find on Usenet. Personally, I've reached the point where for me, the
crap on Usenet simply isn't worth my time. I come and go with little
expectation of a positive result. If I happen to get a positive result,
I simply consider that a good day and I'll converse with respectful
Usenet posters. If I don't find that, I'll tell people to go ****
themselves in a heartbeat!
On the moderated forums, I know going in that I'll never have to resort
to telling anyone to go **** themselves, and for me, that's important.
You see, I don't particularly like telling people to go **** themselves.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 15th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
f-newguy

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Viperdoc wrote:
The value of POA is that Anthony isn't there and wouldn't be
tolerated.
He single handedly is primarily responsible for the demise of this

group.

Sorry, Doc -- gotta disagree there. This group could've easily withstood

hundred years of MX-types -- but it only took a few months for the more
vitriolic trolls (Bertie and Maxwell) to completely destroy it.

I agree with Viperdoc that MX is responsible for the demise of this group.

This group is a long way from dead, except perhaps as a vanity site for a
certain braggart and his sycophants.

Old August 16th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven Barnes

I just got back from teaching short & soft field takeoff & landings.

Just thought I'd throw some aviation content in....

"Tim" wrote in message
"Viperdoc" wrote

For the real pilots and students, I suggest joining Pilots of America, a
moderated group. It is what this NG used to be, before it was ruined by
Anthony and his likes.

It wasn't so much ruined by Mx as much as those who cannot take a pass on
endlessly arguing with him over some ridiculous detail, or have made it
their mission to expose him as a non-pilot, all with the seemingly

honorable
goal of protecting the helpless student who might read something here and
then die as a result.

What a crock. Anyone with half a brain knows how to treat information
posted on a newsgroup, or anywhere else online for that matter. They

don't
need help from a few crusaders.