2018 U.S. Juniors Contest & Development Camp: July 2-7

Old January 18th 18, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2018 U.S. Juniors Contest & Development Camp: July 2-7

Save the Date!

I am pleased to announce that Sandhill Soaring Club and Adrian Soaring Club have teamed up with the SSA's Junior/Youth Committee and U.S. Junior Soaring to host the 2018 U.S. Juniors Contest & Development Camp, July 2-7 (with practice dates scheduled for 6/30 & 7/01), at Lenawee Co. Airport (KADG) in Adrian, Michigan. The contest will run concurrently with the Region 6 North Sports & Club Class contests.

Youth, ages 14-24 are encouraged to attend and may register online at SSA.org to attend the camp/contest. Go to: http://www.ssa.org/Contests?cid=2420

This is the third year in a row U.S. Junior Soaring has hosted such an event and with the continued help from volunteers, donors, tow pilots, instructors, current and former U.S. Team members, R6N, and the hosting organizations we believe 2018 will prove to be another great success. For more info about the 2017 Juniors Camp/Contest, see the November 2017 issue of Soaring magazine.

Volunteer mentor pilots who are interested in mentoring or instructing Juniors in ASK-21 level performance to advanced, high-performance 20m two-seaters are encouraged to contact JP Stewart or myself directly as soon as possible. We anticipate having 15 or more Juniors who either won't be flying single-place ships or would be best served by pairing them up with mentor/instructor pilots during the contest.

Region 6 North's Rookie Camp: Adult pilots (former Jr's), CFI-G's with little or no XC or sailplane racing experience, Contest Newbees, 30-40 somethings, and the "Young-at-Heart" who would like to audit the camp's morning lecture series and compete with experienced pilots in a highly supportive contest setting are encouraged to register for R6N by going to: http://www.ssa.org/Contests?cid=2419

More info and updates to come soon! Please check back and visit us in a couple of weeks as we update our websites:

U.S. Junior Soaring: juniors.ssa.org

Region 6 North: R6N.org

Best regards & Safe Soaring,

Chris Schrader
SSA Director, Region 6

Save the Date! 2018 U.S. Juniors Contest & Development Camp: July 2-7 [email protected] Soaring 1 January 3rd 18 04:31 AM
2018 contest location? ND Soaring 2 June 5th 17 05:13 PM
USA Juniors - rebates for every contest you fly this year. John Godfrey (QT)[_2_] Soaring 5 June 13th 15 04:41 AM
USA Juniors: Get a 90% Rebate on Contest Fees John Godfrey (QT)[_2_] Soaring 0 April 25th 14 12:05 PM
USA Juniors Can Receive a 90% Rebate on 2013 Contest Fees John Godfrey (QT)[_2_] Soaring 2 January 10th 13 05:20 PM