What's the easiest way to mount a camera on a sailplane?

Old August 28th 09, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default What's the easiest way to mount a camera on a sailplane?

On Aug 27, 6:53*am, "Rob.Russell" wrote:
On Aug 27, 12:29*am, " wrote:

Be aware that attaching an object to the exterior of the glider will
likely invalidate your airworthiness cert. and thus your insurance
coverage, especially if the ship is standard airworthiness.

I found the following picture on flickr this week that I think
illustrates your point quite well:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83371935@N00/3852830788/

Sure, he got some great pictures with that rig, but to call it
frightening would be an understatement.

He does have some the best photos I've seen. I put the one with the
blue tents as my computer background. Very similar to Chris Woods
photo for the Hilton cup years ago.

Old August 30th 09, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

I pulled out my camcorder on tow last week. *I really wish I didn't.

That was the first....and the last.

I tried the same thing... got it about half way out of my pocket when
I started to over correct on tow position... I thought "#1 fly the
plane" and I quickly aborted the camera idea. Next time I'll just
mount it somewhere, turn it on, and forget about it.